Join for free
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2009, 05:29 PM

New European language

European Commission has just announced an agreement whereby English will be the official language of the European Union rather than German, which was the other possibility.
As part of the negotiations, the British Government conceded that English spelling had some room for improvement and has accepted a 5- year phase-in plan that would become known as 'Euro-English'.
In the first year, 's' will replace the soft 'c'. Sertainly, this will make the sivil servants jump with joy. The hard 'c' will be dropped in favour of 'k'. This should klear up konfusion, and keyboards kan have one less letter. There will be growing publik enthusiasm in the sekond year when the troublesome 'ph' will be replaced with 'f'. This will make words like fotograf 20% shorter.
In the 3rd year, publik akseptanse of the new spelling kan be expekted to reach the stage where! more komplikated changes are possible.
Governments will enkourage the removal of double letters which have always ben a deterent to akurate speling.
Also, al wil agre that the horibl mes of the silent 'e' in the languag is disgrasful and it should go away.
By the 4th yer people wil be reseptiv to steps such as
replasing 'th' with 'z' and 'w' with 'v'.
During ze fifz yer, ze unesesary 'o' kan be dropd from vordskontaining 'ou' and after ziz fifz yer, ve vil hav a reil sensi bl riten styl.
Zer vil be no mor trubl or difikultis and evrivun vil find it ezi tu understand ech oza. Ze drem of a united urop vil finali kum tru.
Und efter ze fifz yer, ve vil al be speking German like zey vunted in ze forst plas.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2009, 05:33 PM

Re: New European language

That's very clever Cassie, . . how on earth did the Germans loose the war ?
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2009, 06:35 PM

nah - i an i will bi speekin lak de ganstas innint
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2009, 07:13 PM

That's really clever
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2009, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by nero ->
That's very clever Cassie, . . how on earth did the Germans loose the war ?
They only lost the 'fighting' bit Denis it's generally acknowledged they won the 'financial' bit

Nice little piece Cassie - I'm struggling to learn a few words of Czech can't get my head around the fact that they have quite a few words with no vowels (That's the a,i,e,o,u, letters which every word in English has)
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2009, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Losos ->
They only lost the 'fighting' bit Denis it's generally acknowledged they won the 'financial' bit

Nice little piece Cassie - I'm struggling to learn a few words of Czech can't get my head around the fact that they have quite a few words with no vowels (That's the a,i,e,o,u, letters which every word in English has)
You will have to learn "Merry Christmas" for us, Losos
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2009, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
You will have to learn "Merry Christmas" for us, Losos
Radostne Vanoce

Pronounced Rar-dosht-neigh var-no-chey (There's an accent on the 'e' first word and the 'a' second word which i can't do on this keyboard!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

07-12-2009, 06:23 PM

Ooh.. it sort of rhymes doesn't it
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2009, 11:23 PM

ROTFL, Cassie!!! Loved it!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top