Join for free
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2010, 09:07 PM

Carly Simon

Did anyone see Carly Simon on The Alan Titchmarsh show? She sang an accoustic version of "You're So Vain" and I thought she was brilliant. She sang really good as she must be knocking on a bit now. She's got a new album out, I might consider getting it.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2010, 10:36 PM

Re: Carly Simon

I missed her singing but I saw her being interviewed on BBC this morning. I think she has a great voice and I wouldn't mind getting her new album either

She is 64 now...
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2010, 11:11 PM

Didn't see her but do like listening to her-think she has a lovely voice....
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2010, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I missed her singing but I saw her being interviewed on BBC this morning. I think she has a great voice and I wouldn't mind getting her new album either

She is 64 now...
She looks and sounds good for 64 Mags.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2010, 11:47 PM

I saw her on the breakfast show, her new album is called "never been gone" I think.
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2010, 06:48 PM

Actually I did--there was this ageing woman when we turned on and I heard the voice---That`s Carly Simon says I.

Our bodies get a bit fatter,our faces become `lived in` but our voices never change
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2010, 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by Old git ->
Actually I did--there was this ageing woman when we turned on and I heard the voice---That`s Carly Simon says I.

Our bodies get a bit fatter,our faces become `lived in` but our voices never change
Croak, . . .dunno about that OG.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2010, 11:47 PM

Had the radio on today while I was ironing, and after the 1 o'clock news there was an hour long interview with Carly Simon....in between chatting they played her records-really enjoyed it and thought what a coincidence that Alicat had started a thread about her......
Miranda53
Buckinghamshire, UK
Miranda53 is female  Miranda53 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2010, 11:47 AM

I've always loved Carly Simon's music - takes me back to college days in the 70's.

Have to admit though, I saw her on The One Show and thought the plastic surgery had been a bit overdone - her face did indeed look a little like "plastic"
Alicat
West Berkshire

08-03-2010, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by merz ->
Had the radio on today while I was ironing, and after the 1 o'clock news there was an hour long interview with Carly Simon....in between chatting they played her records-really enjoyed it and thought what a coincidence that Alicat had started a thread about her......
It's because she's doing the rounds at the moment. Don't think she's been on Loose Women yet, give it time.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top