Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2010, 09:00 PM

Eurovision Song Contest

Anyone watching it at the moment? So far I think the chap singing for Norway was exceptional, I also like Ireland and that boy with the blonde hair doing a jig. UK have just been on - absolute rubbish! I don't think we'll be winning this year, nothing new about that!!
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2010, 10:10 PM

Re: Eurovision Song Contest

Oops - forgot it was on - watched Britain's Got Talent and now watching Susan Boyle!!

I stopped watching the Eurovision contest though a few years ago.

Many thanks.
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2010, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by Brandykins ->
Oops - forgot it was on - watched Britain's Got Talent and now watching Susan Boyle!!

I stopped watching the Eurovision contest though a few years ago.

Many thanks.
Can't say I blame you Brandykins, it's the same old political show with countries voting for their naighbouring countries! The singers I like that I feel have got real talent never win! I don't know why I watch it really.

Looks like Germany is going to win with a girl that sings like Lily Allen where they don't pronounce their words properly!
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2010, 06:45 AM

I had Eurovision on while I was on the phone, it seemed a mostly samey to me, the song with the strobe lights! I couldn't look, it must have been horrible to be in the audience.

I gave up and watched Lee Evans instead! I watched the end of the results in bed.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2010, 09:20 AM

I never watch it due to the political voting.
The last time I watched it was when Sandy Shaw won it, I was working in Switzerland at the time and the Swiss were not happy bunny's. The political bias showed through then.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2010, 11:26 AM

I think Eurovision has had its day as far as the UK is concerned, yet another rubbish entry from us!
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2010, 11:39 AM

A complete waste of time IMO.
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2010, 11:42 AM

Who won? Bet it was the dippy bird from Germany with the skirt up to her bum! I quite liked the rock band from Turkey and the ballad from Israel, but had to switch channels every other song because the vocals were so bad.
I thought the Greek entry was deliberately dreadful because they couldn`t afford to host next years`.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2010, 01:43 PM

I stopped watching it years ago because, like Antibrown says, it's too politically motivated in the voting. The wife tells me Germany won it with a young lady singing, good luck to her and I hope she does well in her career.
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2010, 04:50 PM

I watched about 5 minutes of it and this idiot was muttering some rubbish or other -ah it was not the idiot wogan,but who ever it was came close.

The entry was rubbish but that aside who would vote for a country who employed some git to ramble on and on -and that was just 5 minutes

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top