Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2010, 09:51 PM

Re: Eurovision Song Contest

Originally Posted by Old git ->
I watched about 5 minutes of it and this idiot was muttering some rubbish or other -ah it was not the idiot wogan,but who ever it was came close.

The entry was rubbish but that aside who would vote for a country who employed some git to ramble on and on -and that was just 5 minutes

It was Graham Norton, Old Git. You're right the UK entry, complete rubbish.

Germany won, yes the girl who had the skirt upto her bum She needs to take elecution lessons when she sings!
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2010, 10:52 PM

I resolve not to watch it every year but this year is the first time I've carried it through. Didn't see or hear it and didn't miss it. Apart from our Eurovision entries, we're a country that turns out some of the best music in the World. No need to prove that by entering some farce of a contest year after year.
PPHammer
Yorkshire, UK
PPHammer is male  PPHammer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2010, 04:07 PM

I taped it and watched it on fast forward. Quite like Iceland's entry - typically Eurovision but not too bad. Don't we fund this fiiasco in some way? I don't think our entry was that good, but it was better than a lot of entries that were voted for politically.

It's a bit of kitsch fun.
PPHammer
Yorkshire, UK
PPHammer is male  PPHammer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2010, 04:17 PM

Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2010, 07:38 PM

Still millions continue to watch it every year, everybody I know says they hate it, yet they watch it?. At least it's not as bad as the 2 Months long treat C4 has for you next week...Yupee! it's 'BIG BOTHER" time again! All you lucky people can look forward to watching snoring bodys in the night time and wanna bees trying to act in the daytime, can't wait!.
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2010, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by jemflux ->
Still millions continue to watch it every year, everybody I know says they hate it, yet they watch it?. At least it's not as bad as the 2 Months long treat C4 has for you next week...Yupee! it's 'BIG BOTHER" time again! All you lucky people can look forward to watching snoring bodys in the night time and wanna bees trying to act in the daytime, can't wait!.
Yep, I'll be looking forward to Big Brother, I'm a big fan. Didn't watch last year's as it was ALL young boring people, hopefully this year it will be more mixed ages.

I shall be starting a Big Brother thread when the time comes
PPHammer
Yorkshire, UK

01-06-2010, 10:40 AM

I can guarantee that is one thing I won't be watching. I thought they were going to axe it?

Telly has become so boring with these reality programs. Z list actors in jungles etc. Give me a good documentary or a natural history program (preferably one that is not a repeat).
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2010, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by Alicat ->
Yep, I'll be looking forward to Big Brother, I'm a big fan. Didn't watch last year's as it was ALL young boring people, hopefully this year it will be more mixed ages.

I shall be starting a Big Brother thread when the time comes
How brave you are Alicat, I admire your courage admitting you are a fan and I'll look forward to some friendly slagging on the thread. What are you naming the thread? 'The sting of the dying wasp', perhaps.
Alicat
West Berkshire

01-06-2010, 04:49 PM

How brave you are Alicat, I admire your courage admitting you are a fan and I'll look forward to some friendly slagging on the thread. What are you naming the thread? 'The sting of the dying wasp', perhaps.
You don't like Big Brother then jemflux Go on give it a try, it's the last one this year.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2010, 10:19 PM

I admit to watching all reality shows, but Big Brother-no,no,no! Started watching the first one and found it so boring and switched off-never watched it again. One of my sisters watches it faithfully, in fact nobody is allowed to ring her if it on-very sad. Must say I ring her just to wind her up a bit!!! Hope you and my sister enjoy it, Alicat.........

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top