Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2019, 04:48 AM

How close are you to your pet?

Does it have the run of the house or are there restrictions?

Do you let it sleep in your bed?
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2019, 06:26 AM

Re: How close are you to your pet?

Very. Our dog is allowed to wander free in the house. He is well behaved most of the time and he is very clean. We let him sleep on the bed during thunderstorms as he gets freaked out and clingy. Otherwise he knows his boundaries.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2019, 06:41 AM

Mine sticks to me like glue.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2019, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Does it have the run of the house or are there restrictions?

Do you let it sleep in your bed?

Only when I'm not in it, init.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2019, 07:30 AM

Our dogs are just treated like family with the exception that they are not allowed in the bedrooms, muddy paws and clean sheets are really not a good combination...
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2019, 07:42 AM

I've given up worrying about having a dog on the bed. She loves being with me, and I love having her there, so she has the compete run of the home. Sometimes I let her roam the flat when I go out instead of shutting the security gate to the lounge. She's nearly 2 now and I think she can be trusted.
MargaretF
Northamptonshire, UK
MargaretF is female  MargaretF has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2019, 07:42 AM

Daisy, our dog, is allowed anywhere in the house but she sleeps downstairs in her own bed. I call her my shadow during the daytime because she follows me everywhere - even into the loo if I don't close the door! She is 12 years old and completely blind, yet she always knows where I am in the house and finds her way around without much difficulty.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2019, 07:51 AM

Coco follows me from room to room every day and she has the run of the House and the Beds, even comes and sits between your legs when on the toilet,
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2019, 08:28 AM

Snot isn't a pet. It's a cohabiting with us. It has the run of the house but it's favourite places. There are also no-go areas that it respects as a result of being a fast learner.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2019, 08:58 AM

When we had animals they were treated as such, not as surrogate humans. They weren't illtreated but never permitted to invade our personal spaces like the bedrooms, kitchen or sitting room. The dogs had kennels, the cats had cathouses.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top