Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2019, 03:42 PM

Great Conversations

I just had a friend tell me I was starved for intellectual companionship. Ugh, I think she was kindly telling me I was boring her to death!

I realize how much I miss my dad for stretching the imagination and having hours-long conversations about everything mainstream to the esoteric.

Who scratches your mental itch?
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2019, 04:05 PM

Re: Great Conversations

To be honest, I would love to have a long, long chat with the late astronomer, Patrick Moore. He could teach me everything about which star is which, and all the different planets etc.

I was never taught science or astronomy in the Catholic School, so know about as much about the stars today as when my mum used to sing me to sleep with ''Twinkle Twinkle little Star."
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2019, 04:24 PM

Oh, that's lovely, Shropshiregirl. What I wouldn't give for an evening in a comfortable sitting room with Jane Goodall. I'm very much drawn to people who are self-made.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2019, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
I just had a friend tell me I was starved for intellectual companionship. Ugh, I think she was kindly telling me I was boring her to death!

I realize how much I miss my dad for stretching the imagination and having hours-long conversations about everything mainstream to the esoteric.

How can she say that when you converse with us?

Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2019, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
To be honest, I would love to have a long, long chat with the late astronomer, Patrick Moore. He could teach me everything about which star is which, and all the different planets etc.

I was never taught science or astronomy in the Catholic School, so know about as much about the stars today as when my mum used to sing me to sleep with ''Twinkle Twinkle little Star."
That's because they thought that a heliocentric universe was blasphemy and threatened to excommunicate the great Galileo for even supporting it.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

22-09-2019, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
How can she say that when you converse with us?

Yes, no doubt. I straightened her out on that immediately! Proof is in the putting; here I am asking for sage and fascinating perspectives .
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire

22-09-2019, 05:14 PM

Yes, no doubt. I straightened her out on that immediately! Proof is in the putting; here I am asking for sage and fascinating perspectives .
Is that the American version of the proof's in the pudding?
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

22-09-2019, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Is that the American version of the proof's in the pudding?
Oh, dear heavens, a terrible typo on my part.

Clearly I am not competent to answer simple questions, let alone carry on a decent conversation with anyone.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2019, 07:46 PM

My son challenges me intellectually. He studies philosophy, languages, ancient and modern history, classical music and English and Australian literature. Sometimes he makes me feel like a dullard but he doesn't mean to. That's my baggage.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2019, 07:47 PM

SM,

If the friend said that YOU were "starved For intellectual Companionship" surely that means your friend did not feel up to the job?

Fear not. We think you're great.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top