Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 02:30 PM

Re: Lessons your mother never taught you .

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I never knew my mother, she died when I was 16 months old.

When I hear people criticising their mothers over small things I think how lucky they were to have had a Mother, it must have been a wonderful thing.
Oh my God, that is so sad Meg. I feel your pain when you say "it must have been a wonderful thing"
We don't know how lucky we were to have a mother. My mom was so sweet and loving.
She didn't teach me much, but she taught me how to love from the heart....
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 03:51 PM

Dear Meg , i was sad reading your post .

My lovely mum had a hard life with 7 kids and dad . We older kids were put out i went at 16 and hardly saw mum again for variouse reasons . It broke my heart , i never really knew her . I missed her all my life and still do .

My mum encouraged me to take driving lessons at 17 she said id always be independent and she was right . I passed my test 1st time , she was chuffed for me .

So although i had a mother i never had a mother as i lived hundreds of miles from her and she was a distant figure or a voice on the phone once in a while
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 04:58 PM

Oh, Meg and Susan, how heartbreaking for both of you. I am so sorry. It seems to me that you have both carried the best of them with you. That would make them very happy.

I am grateful that my mom is still alive - and that she is still teaching, whether I like it or not!
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 06:10 PM

My Mother taught me to swim best thing she could have done as there were ten siblings in the same bed (we were very poor ) and all the other nine used to piss the bed.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 06:22 PM

Basser , you've just made me smile
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by basser ->
My Mother taught me to swim best thing she could have done as there were ten siblings in the same bed (we were very poor ) and all the other nine used to piss the bed.
You should have rolled over .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by surfermom ->
oh, meg and susan, how heartbreaking for both of you. I am so sorry. It seems to me that you have both carried the best of them with you. That would make them very happy.

I am grateful that my mom is still alive - and that she is still teaching, whether i like it or not! :-d

May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by basser ->
Heh heh..I learned to sleep in the shallow end.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 06:28 PM

My darlin' Mum never taught Me to curse...I learned that all by Myself
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 09:39 PM

My mum never taught me anything. But I learnt a lot.

She was ill and over the years I learnt how her illness could manifest, which did help dealing with people in my working life.

Another thing I learnt from her (wait for it) - was that dad suffered from premature ejaculation.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top