Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2011, 05:22 PM

Shake Rattle and Roll.

I know I have some bad habits myself and the wife has put up with them for years, but one particular habit she has drives me potty and I just wondered has anyone else got the same habit. When she's in bed and restless she starts shaking her foot as if to the beat of music, she can keep this up for a very long time, (I think she has an LP record in her brain). When her foot gets tired she switches to the other one and off we go again. The only other time I came upon this strange behaviour was years ago when a young female apprentice sat next to me at the workbench, she could keep it going for hours, is this a female thing?. I think the only answer is to divorce her and marry a legless woman.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2011, 05:34 PM

Re: Shake Rattle and Roll.

I think its a nervous habit, Joe does it and drives me insane.I must add when he is watching TV, he has his own room.... now thats an idea!.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2011, 05:38 PM

Poor Mrs Jem, she's for the high jump again
She may have Restless Leg Syndrome?
You're lucky it's just her feet, I shake and stretch my legs all night with it.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2011, 06:44 PM

I do it! Not all the time but when I can't sleep, I tap with my foot and count in my head ..... funny thing is I can never remember what number I've counted to!

Is Mrs Jem awake when she's tapping? She may be trying to get to sleep too, maybe your snoring is keeping her awake, Jem!
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2011, 09:02 PM

My ex had this Restless Leg Syndrome and used to drive me mad together with his snoring....ended up sleeping separately!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2011, 09:18 PM

It's good to know she's not the only one who does it.
Mags, she's awake when she's doing it but thinks I think she's asleep, she naps off during the evening on the sofa, then when she gets to bed she finds it hard to get to sleep, I'd love her to get to sleep without any bother. By the way I never snore, one night her snoring was so bad that I went downstairs and got my old tape recorder and taped her, when I played it back next morning she swore it was not her!. Thank God for my cordless earphones.
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2011, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by jemflux ->
Thank God for my cordless earphones.
.....and earplugs!
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2011, 08:43 PM

Joe is lucky he gets any sleep at all, he said the noise from my bedroom is dreadful, both the dog and I snore very loudly and the walls are very thin.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

30-11-2011, 09:18 PM

Tell Joe I know how he feels, he has my deepest sympathy .
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2011, 09:22 PM

I do it lol hubbie brought me a new bed of my own so he could sleep
its wrestal leg syndrome i shuffal about with having arthritas frozan sholder
hubie snors to much so it suits me lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top