Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Kath 131
Preston, Lancashire
Kath 131 is female  Kath 131 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2012, 04:16 PM

Dog thief.

We have recently got a Female Jack Russell she is two yrs old very lovable but unfortunately she has had very little training and recently demolished a good quarter tub full of doggy chocs which she stole off the kitchen table. She jumped on the chair and reached the table knocked over the tub and her and our Ben my staffie ate them greedily while me and tuther half hoovered the car out!

I know the easy solution is don't leave food about or bins, but ideally isn't it better they are trained and trusted not to steal?

She likes litter bins as well, by litter bins I mean small ones like an office bin, which I have in all rooms just for general litter such as tissues etc.,

She also pulls like mad on her lead, I have bought a canny collar but she can get it off! So I am a bit frustrated any advice appreciated. I have looked on You Tube and other sites but would like your input please, and here is the little devil
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2012, 04:23 PM

Re: Dog thief.

Kath when I lived in Gloucester I had a German Shepherd and a Jack Russel and we took them to the Cheltenham Dog Training club, Jonty was very welcome but when they saw the jack they said Oh no you cant train those ,so we walked out.With her being a Jack bitch we called her Jane, as in Jane Russel.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2012, 08:56 PM

I've got a 6yr old male JR who is a little begger, I'm being polite. To date (in 4 yrs we've had him) he's chewed 3 seat belts in car, about 10 leads (including 1 on another dog at the time and his owner was with him too) 2 mobile phones, 2 btls perfumes, he hates the local paper and shreds it but allows daily paper to be delivered. He's chewed hosptal appts, application for driving licence which had been returned, this is his house which he allows me to share, he even lets me share his bed. He does understand what I say but he doesn't always obey me. He had no basic training when we got him and he was approx 2. Would I swap him..............too bloomin true.............. I just need to find him a home with someone as daft as me.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2012, 09:03 PM

She looks a little devil too I don't know the answer though because we had a Staffie with the thieving geneand we never managed to cure her of the habit. It was just a case of making sure all food was out of reach. Good luck though, you will need it.
Kath 131
Preston, Lancashire
Kath 131 is female  Kath 131 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2012, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by hazel ->
I've got a 6yr old male JR who is a little begger, I'm being polite. To date (in 4 yrs we've had him) he's chewed 3 seat belts in car, about 10 leads (including 1 on another dog at the time and his owner was with him too) 2 mobile phones, 2 btls perfumes, he hates the local paper and shreds it but allows daily paper to be delivered. He's chewed hosptal appts, application for driving licence which had been returned, this is his house which he allows me to share, he even lets me share his bed. He does understand what I say but he doesn't always obey me. He had no basic training when we got him and he was approx 2. Would I swap him..............too bloomin true.............. I just need to find him a home with someone as daft as me.
Ah Hazel that is so funny, you can't help but love em' though all the same. I set a trap for her yesterday twice and she fell for it both times, just as she was on the kitchen table and ready to bite into a biscuit, I shouted down and she scooted, trouble is it will take a long time for it to work it at all! Oh well she is worth it (I suppose).
Que Sera
Germany
Que Sera is female  Que Sera has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2012, 09:46 AM

This reminds me of my daughters J R. she was always teasing the other dogs (German short hairs) and always biting their legs untill one day as one of the dogs turned around and got her on the neck... of course she needed a OP. She didn't learn anything from this, no she just carried on doing the same thing over and over again.

I've come to the conclusion that Terrier comes from Terror
and still they are very devoted dogs.

Lovely photo, lovely dog
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2012, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by Que Sera ->
This reminds me of my daughters J R. she was always teasing the other dogs (German short hairs) and always biting their legs untill one day as one of the dogs turned around and got her on the neck... of course she needed a OP. She didn't learn anything from this, no she just carried on doing the same thing over and over again.

I've come to the conclusion that Terrier comes from Terror
and still they are very devoted dogs.

Lovely photo, lovely dog
My JR is totally undevoted, he is happy with anyone who'll let him sit on their knee. When friends came to stay, come the day of their departure who's in the car first, bleddy dog and he wasn't for getting out either.
At home if I go to the loo has to come too, he thinks the new bath mat is so he's more comfortable when watching me have a shower. Anyone like JR going cheap £2999 only, I'd love to get rid of him.
Que Sera
Germany
Que Sera is female  Que Sera has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2012, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by hazel ->
My JR is totally undevoted, he is happy with anyone who'll let him sit on their knee. When friends came to stay, come the day of their departure who's in the car first, bleddy dog and he wasn't for getting out either.
At home if I go to the loo has to come too, he thinks the new bath mat is so he's more comfortable when watching me have a shower. Anyone like JR going cheap £2999 only, I'd love to get rid of him.
They are one man dogs most of them, my daughters JR also followed her everywhere
hazel
Lancashire U.K.

27-08-2012, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Que Sera ->
They are one man dogs most of them, my daughters JR also followed her everywhere
Nope last one was barmy too she couldn't be in the same room as my hubby so lived in our bedroom, her choice not ours, come bedtime she dive under the duvet and spend half the night licking his feet.

she was very partial to his sherry and lemonade too
Kath 131
Preston, Lancashire

27-08-2012, 12:51 PM

Oh so glad it's not just mind that's barmy then.

She does annoy my staffie every day at least 3 times, biting his legs, tail and ears luckily he has taken to her and just growls back if he can't be bothered.

Pip will also sit on anybody, anywhere, anytime. She follows me to the loo as well. But she is so cute I don't regret getting her just hope she calms down a bit, going walkies is a nightmare at the moment!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top