Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Mups's Avatar
Mups
Chatterbox
Mups is offline
Northamptonshire
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 46,049
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
21-07-2021, 11:22 PM
11

Re: screen hood

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
D00d is correct though Minx....that fluffy thing is actually known as a "deadcat". Its awful, I know, but that's the name of it

Really?
What a strange (and rather unpleasant) name.
d00d's Avatar
d00d
Chatterbox
d00d is offline
London, UK
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 7,493
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
22-07-2021, 06:15 AM
12

Re: screen hood

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
So did my Granddad. I told RS that on one of his other threads, but I didn't get a response.
I bet he was tickled. 😐
Bruce's Avatar
Bruce
Chatterbox
Bruce is offline
Wollongong, Australia
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 15,198
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
22-07-2021, 06:24 AM
13

Re: screen hood

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
ju
st came this afternoon
That looks like something you could knock up in five minutes with some cardboard/plastic, felt and elastic.

BTW I think this sudden urge for Canon and Sony to attach the battery externally to the back of their cameras makes them look clumsy and almost renders the eye piece unusable. Hence the need for a screen hood. It's a very poor design feature.
Minx's Avatar
Minx
Chatterbox
Minx is offline
South Africa
Joined: Oct 2020
Posts: 5,487
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
22-07-2021, 10:19 PM
14

Re: screen hood

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
D00d is correct though Minx....that fluffy thing is actually known as a "deadcat". Its awful, I know, but that's the name of it
But itís not an actual dead cat now is it? Because that would be just ghastly
Longdogs's Avatar
Longdogs
Chatterbox
Longdogs is online now
SW England
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 43,885
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
22-07-2021, 10:21 PM
15

Re: screen hood

Originally Posted by Minx ->
But itís not an actual dead cat now is it? Because that would be just ghastly
No its a merkin.
realspeed
Chatterbox
realspeed is offline
South coast
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 12,931
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
22-07-2021, 10:26 PM
16

Re: screen hood

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
That looks like something you could knock up in five minutes with some cardboard/plastic, felt and elastic.

BTW I think this sudden urge for Canon and Sony to attach the battery externally to the back of their cameras makes them look clumsy and almost renders the eye piece unusable. Hence the need for a screen hood. It's a very poor design feature.
The eyepiece extends out and up
 
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Thread Tools


© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top

Powered by vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.