Join for free
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2011, 07:56 AM

Finally Friday

Good morning everyone

Friday and no plans for the week-end made yet. Today though, we are going for a short walk around Grasmere before the school break visitors arrive next week. Yes, next week is hibernation week, the kids are off school for mid-term.

Have a wonderful day everyone and spare just one thought for friends who are absent from these boards.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2011, 08:59 AM

Re: Finally Friday

Good morning everyone, dull and drizzly here in Sherwood, a bit like our mood as we are taking Zack in for his x-rays and tests regarding his nose bleeds. Nil by mouth for him this morning, which is possibly the worst thing you can do to a lab, those big pleading eyes are destroying us at the moment! I'll try to update you later if and when we get some sort of diagnosis.

Try to have a great day regardless....

Barry
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2011, 11:15 AM

Hello all. I had a narrow escape when slipping on a banana skin out in the back garden this morning. My dog "Bengi' pulled it out of the waste bin, luckly I landed on the grass and only suffered a sore backside. I was going to blame the missus for leaving the bin lid open, but I decided against it as she would say I left it open and we would go round in circles all day. When I steadied myself up and went back into the house, I found her doubled up with laughter, she had seen everything from the window and thought I was very funny, I didn't. 'Glad I could start your day off with a laugh dear', I said with a sarcastic smile'. Ironic isn't it, after all the snow we had, I never stumbled once
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2011, 12:07 PM

Jemflux - That's part of the universal force called "Murphy's Law". Life sends us curve balls every now & then and we must dodge them or pick ourselves up and continue life. Hopefully only your dignity was hurt.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2011, 12:19 PM

Sound advice Bob, thanks mate.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2011, 01:36 PM

The weekend approaches again, they certainly come round quickly these days!

Baking day for me, apple pies to freeze and a fruit cake for the weekend.

Nothing planned for the weekend, the weather doesn't look very promising either.

Plantman
- I hope everything goes well for Zack with the tests and x-ray today...

AB
- Hope you enjoy your walk...

Jemflux - Ouch! hope you're not too sore...

Bob
- Hi! hope you're well in Portland..

Have a lovely day everyone!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2011, 05:31 PM

Hi all. Overcast but very unseasonable for the second day: 14 C (57 F) before lunch and may make 22 C by afternoon! Had the door to the porch open yesterday for a bit, probably will again. Back to chilly normal by the weekend, unfortunately. My electric tea kettle died yesterday!! A new one is en route from Amazon .... have to boil my tea water in an electric pot meanwhile ... bah!

Jemflux, hope you aren't too sore; Barry, fingers crossed for Zack .....
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2011, 09:56 PM

Friday again! This week has flown by....decided to have a very relaxing day today, so made the most of the sunshine-walking and bit more tidying in the garden. Late afternoon my friend came round and we spent the rest of the day chatting and drinking tea...will be catching up with everything tomorrow!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top