Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2016, 03:30 PM

Re: So what are you, spill the beans.

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I usually wake up in a good mood as l am refreshed after my good sleep.

Dukey, l get lots of buzzards flying above, sitting in the trees or on my picnic table in the garden. I know when they are around as l hear other birds giving out a warning, then it goes completely silent.
I love how a group of usually three buzzards will hover over my garden making tweeting noises then glide away in the air.
How fantastic Art that must be. I would be snapping pictures at a rapid rate.

Ratty and I are still at war, cheeky little sod. Had one trap gone missing and a few set off.

Still he comes down to the garden pond through the flowers onto the small ledge, to get the food I put in for the fish. He leans forward over the pond and scoops it back. Shame really as I have got quite found of him. However we see him from the conservatory, try to open the door and he is gone like a ruddy shot. However this morning I did manage to get the door open just wide enough to take a shot, but as normal he noticed. Made worse that I could put a hole in the pond. Still I pulled the trigger on a very un-aimed shot and in a nano second he leapt straight up into the air like a high jumper and then went straight into the pond. Not sure if he jumped with fright or I hit him, all happened so quick.
Anyway he has cost me loads of money so far
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2016, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
I like to wake up slowly - but I never get the chance. Up and out and at it at about 6.30am rain or shine - down the fields with the dogs - don't even brush my hair, but nobody around anyway. Surprising how nice it can be when you seem to be the only one up and about.
You are good then Aerolor. My wife thinks getting finally up at 11.30 am is early

Might go for a little drive in the car with the top down in a minute. A bit of fresh air may blast this ruddy headache problem away or make it worse. Still I will wear my new "Peaky Blinder" hat
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2016, 03:37 PM

Dukey, Not a very good pic as l had to quickly take it with my iPad but here is the buzzard flying off to the left of the picnic table...

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0055.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	2227  
dukeofearl
south coast uk

30-10-2016, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Sometimes I wake up grumpy, other times Hubby leaves me in bed.
Ha,Ha you are not "Snow White" then
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2016, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I am me, I don't change or want to.
Me too!!
dukeofearl
south coast uk

30-10-2016, 03:42 PM

Dukey, Not a very good pic as l had to quickly take it with my iPad but here is the buzzard flying off to the left of the picnic table...
Think I got it Art. Ain't you got a camera? From that distance you should be able to take a picture of its eyeballs
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2016, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by dukeofearl ->
Think I got it Art. Ain't you got a camera? From that distance you should be able to take a picture of its eyeballs
I have, but they're never handy when you need them! Plus, you have to be so quick as the bird will soon fly away!
dukeofearl
south coast uk

30-10-2016, 04:15 PM

I have, but they're never handy when you need them! Plus, you have to be so quick as the bird will soon fly away!

Mind over 100 yards up , most like.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2016, 04:18 PM

I can fly too.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2016, 04:36 PM

Sometimes I wake up grumpy and sometimes I let him sleep.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top