Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2016, 10:10 AM

What is it with women?

One of the deep mysteries of life, perhaps a product of the evolutionary process. Did evolution suddenly slip of down a branch line with tragic results.
Just what is it with women, this must do obsession of going shopping for clothes, you know , walking along every rail touching each item and glaring at any other other woman in the way who may also be touching and worse touching something they want to buy. All that is just fine, girls need fun.
My thread question is, why having purchased bag-fulls and coming home with beaming smiles do they then want to take it all back !!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2016, 10:16 AM

Re: What is it with women?

You are meeting wrong sort of women, that's not something I've ever done. Hate shopping for clothes so much I make most of my own have done since I was about 12 years old.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2016, 10:18 AM

That sounds like a silly sweeping generalisation of women to me made by someone who professes to like women but has misogynistic tendencies.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2016, 10:19 AM

LOL, Your Grace - you really are the master of the sweeping generalisation!

Not all women behave that like. I, for one, only go shopping for clothes when I actually need something and would never buy without trying on - so no taking it back. It doesn't bother me at all if someone else is looking at the same garment - it shows they have good taste !

Now if they showed up at the same event as me in the same frock as me - well - that just might be handbags at dawn time!!
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2016, 10:19 AM

I'm not a shopper either Julie , I really don't enjoy it . When with friends who love to shop I get so bored , some have to go into each shop and look and touch .

I'm an impulse buyer will just be out and about , see it and if I want it buy it .
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2016, 10:20 AM

Maybe him indoors has said 'Your bum looks big in that'
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2016, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
That sounds like a silly sweeping generalisation of women to me made by someone who professes to like women but has misogynistic tendencies.
Since when have I had misogynistic tendencies, what total and complete utter rubbish.

Now I must get off to M&S, my dear wife wants to take her purchases back.
dukeofearl
south coast uk

31-10-2016, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Maybe him indoors has said 'Your bum looks big in that'
Not me Carol, I just see the bags come in and the bags go back out
dukeofearl
south coast uk

31-10-2016, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
LOL, Your Grace - you really are the master of the sweeping generalisation!

Not all women behave that like. I, for one, only go shopping for clothes when I actually need something and would never buy without trying on - so no taking it back. It doesn't bother me at all if someone else is looking at the same garment - it shows they have good taste !

Now if they showed up at the same event as me in the same frock as me - well - that just might be handbags at dawn time!!
Just trying to get a little happy thread going Tabby, a little fun and a little banter , no serious generalisations.
dukeofearl
south coast uk

31-10-2016, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
You are meeting wrong sort of women, that's not something I've ever done. Hate shopping for clothes so much I make most of my own have done since I was about 12 years old.
I have met women like you and Susan, trust me it was pure heaven

I also am a impulse buyer, see something I like and I buy it. Most like something which may be a little expensive, but then I prefer something I will use , to a load of cheaper stuff I will never use.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top