Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2015, 04:59 PM

Good -v- Evil

On a similar theme as "insatiable greed" but with a more positive twist perhaps.

The good actions of humanity always seem to be challenged by the negative [evil] actions of humanity.

However there are many examples of positive actions taking place in the world from small projects turning around the lives of the young in South American countries through music training to larger projects directed towards aiding humanity by the likes of Bill Gates.

then on the opposite side of the fence we see as has been stated the "insatiable greed" of some member of the human race.

but in say the year 3000 will the starving masses be a thing of the past; the forests of the world renewed; all major diseases eradicated and all wars ceased, OR

will the biblical predictions of pestilence, war and horrors come to pass before we ever improve our lot on this lost planet?

for those who see a brighter future the glass is always half full whilst for those who see only future doom the glass is always half empty.

How fills your glass
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2015, 05:28 PM

Re: Good -v- Evil

I'm an optomistic person but I can't see much of a future for mankind. The population explosion will give rise to more competition for the earth's resources and therefore more wars.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2015, 05:36 PM

this sound like a contradictionn in terms - your are optomistic [optimistic] but cannot see much hope??????? - I don't get ya???????
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2015, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
this sound like a contradictionn in terms - your are optomistic [optimistic] but cannot see much hope??????? - I don't get ya???????
I'll worry about that all day !
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2015, 07:30 PM

Half full glass for this gal.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2015, 08:43 PM

I think it’s all about balance, one side depends on the other, good-evil, light -dark, up-down, alive-dead, we wouldn’t know what one was without the other, you know what I mean, if evil didn’t exist you wouldn’t know what good was.
Anyway who cares, we are all doomed to vanish off the face of the planet in a few thousands years, just like the dinosaurs and countless other creatures before them, only I think we will be the instrument of our own destruction, surely we didn’t think we’d last forever the way we carry on. The human race had plenty of chances to mend their ways and they blew it every time, they will never come to get on with other, there'll always be one greedy bastard in the bunch, we are all doomed so make the best of it while you can, that’s what I do, cheers!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2015, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I think it’s all about balance, one side depends on the other, good-evil, light -dark, up-down, alive-dead, we wouldn’t know what one was without the other, you know what I mean, if evil didn’t exist you wouldn’t know what good was.
Originally Posted by Jem ->
Anyway who cares, we are all doomed to vanish off the face of the planet in a few thousands years, just like the dinosaurs and countless other creatures before them, only I think we will be the instrument of our own destruction, surely we didn’t think we’d last forever the way we carry on. The human race had plenty of chances to mend their ways and they blew it every time, they will never come to get on with other, there'll always be one greedy bastard in the bunch, we are all doomed so make the best of it while you can, that’s what I do, cheers!

Jem, we must have telepathy. What you have written is exactly what was in my head. I was told this a long time ago by a lovely spiritual friend, and I've always remembered it, because it made sense.

I also agree that we will no doubt be the instrument of our own destruction one day, and there will always be another greedy b*****d.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2015, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
.... The good actions of humanity always seem to be challenged by the negative ....
Good 'eavens, a lucid post from Gummy !!??

Given the "progress' which has occurred in the last few decades, projecting forward 500 or 1000 years is mind-boggling.
Probably beyond our wildest imagination.

Not trying to be contentious but I reckon one great leap forward will be the decline of organized religion as we now know it.
As education and science and literacy become more universal, I believe that reliance on superstition and ancient myths and legends will virtually disappear.
And with it all the hate and conflict which it creates.

Gone forever the radical Muslims - but also the ratbag Christian fundies, the rich-and-powerful Vatican, the televangelist leeches and all the weirdo cults and sects.

Global warming will be addressed because we will have no choice.
Borders may disappear and money, as such, non-existent.

Life expectancy - potentially centuries.
With all the problems that creates for supporting a huge world-population.
Some sort of 'culling' might well emerge.

But, who knows ?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2015, 09:22 PM

[QUOTE=Pumicestone;679872]Good 'eavens, a lucid post from Gummy !!??

I hear they've adjusted his medication.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2015, 10:17 PM

I see massive changes only if we survive the transitions we are undergoing now and will continue to undergo for quite some time to come. Eh? We have allowed capitalism to rule to roost and for good reason as there is no other way that works when it comes to developing a backward country. But? There are questions being asked all the more these days about the practices of people where the buck is all important. I see doubts and uncertainties creeping in all the time as I knew they would.

Capitalism is really primitive in it's nature as it is based on a sole desire to survive at all costs and therefore being primitive means we will progress beyond it. This extends also to religion as again we are pandering to the primitive as any balanced person with half a brain knows it is based on ancient thoughts and conclusions thereby also being primitive in nature.

Mark my words but I know there will come a time when capitalism and religious fervour will be outgrown, where people will be knowledgeable and 'grown up'. Utopia? Very doubtful as pandering to the primitive in us will take some combating. We have to find a way to satisfy our needs but sport can take the brunt of our energy and I see it being all the more popular.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top