Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2015, 12:31 PM

Re: Good -v- Evil

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
Not entirely sure about that.
I know what you mean but I think a hallmark of civilization is that each society creates rules - not necessarily ordained by 'nature'.
For the well being of the tribe, its members agree not to crap where they eat or breed with their siblings - that sort of thing.
Those in the group agree to impose penalties for actions that "nature" would condone.

Not so ?
even though they may be full of prejudices and supersitions - I think you've just completed the perfect banana bend!!
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2015, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
Not entirely sure about that.
I know what you mean but I think a hallmark of civilization is that each society creates rules - not necessarily ordained by 'nature'.
For the well being of the tribe, its members agree not to crap where they eat or breed with their siblings - that sort of thing.
Those in the group agree to impose penalties for actions that "nature" would condone.

Not so ?
Well, the tribe make such agreements because Nature has ordained that :

a) we all crap
b) crap can be harmful to us if ingested
c) crap attracts other creatures (which Nature has ordained are pests/vermin to us)
and so on

Nature cares not one whim whether we crap where we eat or not. She neither condones it or objects to it. She has simply set the rules for the environment in which we must all exist. Actions have consequences because of those rules.

Every society that has ever existed, has lived within Nature's rules, like it or not. Every society has inevitably perished because Nature has ordained that nothing stays the same. Everything is in a constant state of flux, a transition from one form to another. In it's own way, everything "lives" it's just that some things have basic existence and others more complex existence. Some things "live" and grow exceptionally slowly, like metals and gems. Yet they are all elements of Nature, operating according to her rules.

Society, governments, authorities are simply illusions or distractions. They are not creations of Nature, but rather the trivial notions of life (people) that Nature has created. They exist so that one person might exploit another.

The nub of life lies in the understanding of what Nature is, how she operates, what her rules are. Such understanding leads to knowledge and wisdom which allow us to get more from Nature, to get the best from it, sometimes to duplicate what Nature does on a smaller scale (As above, so below).

One can spend one's life believing that truth is that which is presented to you by authorities, governments, religions and societies. To do so, is imo, perilous folly. Nature is all around us and she can provide all we need if we understand her ways.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2015, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Well, the tribe make such agreements because Nature has ordained that :

a) we all crap
b) crap can be harmful to us if ingested
c) crap attracts other creatures (which Nature has ordained are pests/vermin to us)
and so on

Nature cares not one whim whether we crap where we eat or not. She neither condones it or objects to it. She has simply set the rules for the environment in which we must all exist. Actions have consequences because of those rules.

Every society that has ever existed, has lived within Nature's rules, like it or not. Every society has inevitably perished because Nature has ordained that nothing stays the same. Everything is in a constant state of flux, a transition from one form to another. In it's own way, everything "lives" it's just that some things have basic existence and others more complex existence. Some things "live" and grow exceptionally slowly, like metals and gems. Yet they are all elements of Nature, operating according to her rules.

Society, governments, authorities are simply illusions or distractions. They are not creations of Nature, but rather the trivial notions of life (people) that Nature has created. They exist so that one person might exploit another.

The nub of life lies in the understanding of what Nature is, how she operates, what her rules are. Such understanding leads to knowledge and wisdom which allow us to get more from Nature, to get the best from it, sometimes to duplicate what Nature does on a smaller scale (As above, so below).

One can spend one's life believing that truth is that which is presented to you by authorities, governments, religions and societies. To do so, is imo, perilous folly. Nature is all around us and she can provide all we need if we understand her ways.
I think you are describling a "nudist colony" and it doesn't work for most of us - plus nudist colonies can freeze the b...s of a brass monkey in the wrong continent!
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2015, 07:22 PM

Guess WOK, a blunder like that confirms the presence of a pompous old fart.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2015, 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
... I think you've just completed the perfect banana bend !!
... Society, governments, authorities are simply illusions or distractions.
I think you are describling a "nudist colony" ...
Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
Guess WOK, a blunder like that confirms the presence of a pompous old fart.

Am I the only one who cannot see any sense in any of the above postings ?
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

23-07-2015, 06:47 AM

YES!
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2015, 10:18 AM

It's sad but it seems that every thread on this forum that gains traction into serious and worthwhile discussion/debate ends up subverted by nonsense/frivolous posts by those lacking the capacity for rational and open thinking. It's such a shame.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2015, 11:41 AM

It's sad but it seems that every thread on this forum that gains traction into serious and worthwhile discussion/debate ends up subverted by nonsense/frivolous posts by those lacking the capacity for rational and open thinking. It's such a shame.
To be honest with you I think people's replies show concern in that they are attempting to lighten your mood and also trying to steer you away from your obvious paranoia.

I find your replies fascinating though .
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

23-07-2015, 12:19 PM

MKJ - words sometimes fail me - but yours on this occasion are priceless!!
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2015, 12:27 PM

MKJ - words sometimes fail me - but yours on this occasion are priceless!!
Fanks .

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top