Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2015, 05:21 PM

Re: The Gods have spoken?

Originally Posted by Realist ->
A somewhat bizarre response.

There is no conspiracy here in terms of technology. If you use Google Maps and click the satellite button or if you use Google Earth then you already know what those satellites can do. Naturally what we see there is s tiny part of the satellites photographic ability and naturally all you are seeing on Google is a snapshot in time.

If you can't put 1 and 1 together and realise that they are surely taking constant snapshots of every area for national security reasons then imo, keep drinking the Koolaid.

When the USA was at war in Kuwait, Saddam didn't set fire to the oil wells for fun, nor to create an eco disaster. He was in part, creating tons of black smog and smoke so the satellites couldn't see where his army units were.

I will say again. NO aeroplane can go missing.
Again I say your assumptions are based on nonsense.

Google satellite maps for instance. If you zoom in you will find the pics can be years old. The kind of 'live' coverage that you are talking about might well be up there but I doubt it as it would take phenomenal resources.

As for Saddam you might be right on that point but as for tracking every aircraft through satellites that seems more than a little far fetched.

Personally I think you are doing your brain-box a disservice by building up your quite obvious paranoia about more or less everything and it could well become a serious illness with you; if it isn't, or has been, already that is.

As for me I'm going for a long run in the sun to chill out.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2015, 05:28 PM

Not sure why I am bothering to do people's research for them but hey ho.

Commercial satellites, i.e. people who want to take great images and sell them for lots of profit are held back by government laws which limit what resolution they can use in space.

DigitalGlobe is one of the biggest commercial satellite enterprises. It's Geo-Eye1 satellite has a sensor that is:

"optimized for large projects, as it can produce over 350,000 square kilometers of pan-sharpened multispectral satellite imagery every day."

It is:

capable of producing imagery with a ground sampling distance of 46 centimeters, meaning it can detect objects of that diameter or greater

http://www.satimagingcorp.com/satell...sors/geoeye-1/

The satellite behemoth is now making a push to relax the rules even further, down to 10 cm resolution, about the height of an iPhone.

Remember that this is just for a COMMERCIAL satellite. If you have any doubts that military/national security satellites are way way more powerful than commercial then you really are not a rational person.

There are currently "approximately 2,465 artificial satellites orbiting Earth

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satellite

We are being constantly watched and recorded. It is therefore impossible for any aeroplane to go missing. The camera/photographic footage would be able to show an aircraft up to the point it disappeared.

Malaysian Airliner 17 was a passenger flight with 283 on board. It was shot down on 17 July 2014. The USA was able to state with certainty the specific territory from which the missile was launched because of their satellite capabilities.

Nuff said.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2015, 05:35 PM

I expect you may have used this, it shows all commercial aircraft in the sky around the world
I can't put the URL link but you can google it.
pfhd plane tracker
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2015, 06:02 PM

Not sure if people are misunderstanding what I am saying. I am not suggesting that the powers that be are "tracking" everything. I am simply asserting that they are taking constant snapshot photos of the planet at very high resolution. A bit like making an animation film. If you take a picture say every 30 seconds then you have a mini-animation movie. Thus if they wanted to watch Joe Bloggs on a given day they just review the set of snapshot photos of the area that Joe lives in and zoom in of the part of that hi-res image where he lives. Working from snapshot to snapshot they can see Joe leave his house and drive his car away. They can see where he drove to and later can see when he came back.

Similarly they can zoom in on an airport photo at the time a plane took off and work through the sequence of snapshot photos to see where it went.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2015, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Not sure why I am bothering to do people's research for them but hey ho.

Commercial satellites, i.e. people who want to take great images and sell them for lots of profit are held back by government laws which limit what resolution they can use in space.

DigitalGlobe is one of the biggest commercial satellite enterprises. It's Geo-Eye1 satellite has a sensor that is:

"optimized for large projects, as it can produce over 350,000 square kilometers of pan-sharpened multispectral satellite imagery every day."

It is:

capable of producing imagery with a ground sampling distance of 46 centimeters, meaning it can detect objects of that diameter or greater

http://www.satimagingcorp.com/satell...sors/geoeye-1/

The satellite behemoth is now making a push to relax the rules even further, down to 10 cm resolution, about the height of an iPhone.

Remember that this is just for a COMMERCIAL satellite. If you have any doubts that military/national security satellites are way way more powerful than commercial then you really are not a rational person.

There are currently "approximately 2,465 artificial satellites orbiting Earth

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satellite

We are being constantly watched and recorded. It is therefore impossible for any aeroplane to go missing. The camera/photographic footage would be able to show an aircraft up to the point it disappeared.

Malaysian Airliner 17 was a passenger flight with 283 on board. It was shot down on 17 July 2014. The USA was able to state with certainty the specific territory from which the missile was launched because of their satellite capabilities.

Nuff said.
Well, all I can say is I would rather read Lord of the Rings for the umpteenth time than the stuff you are constantly researching. The stuff in your head just doesn't bear thinking about - and I ain't going to either.

Each to their own. If your research into the guts of everything makes you feel good then by all means carry on. As for me I get a strange feeling reading some of your posts and it isn't because I find your posts annoying but because I feel somewhat concerned for your state of mind.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2015, 06:09 PM

I have to admit I find it hard to imagine how huge aircraft can disappear in this day and age, maybe it's all those CIA films I watch where they zoom in on a bloke lighting a fag in the middle of the Sahara dessert, they can even see if the cigarette is a Player or a Woodbine, and all done in a couple of seconds, methinks somebody is telling fibs to us all.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2015, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I have to admit I find it hard to imagine how huge aircraft can disappear in this day and age, maybe it's all those CIA films I watch where they zoom in on a bloke lighting a fag in the middle of the Sahara dessert, they can even see if the cigarette is a Player or a Woodbine, and all done in a couple of seconds, methinks somebody is telling fibs to us all.
Yes it's amazing the way they seem to be able to zoom in to that extent.
You can zoom right in to photographs using photoshop but even with a superb photograph, the really minute detail will not be totally clear.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

02-08-2015, 08:04 PM

You must admit I do tend to speak my mind.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2015, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
You must admit I do tend to speak my mind.
Indeed you do Mark and fair play to you, best way to be.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

02-08-2015, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
The stuff in your head just doesn't bear thinking about - and I ain't going to either.

Each to their own. If your research into the guts of everything makes you feel good then by all means carry on. As for me I get a strange feeling reading some of your posts and it isn't because I find your posts annoying but because I feel somewhat concerned for your state of mind.
Another quite bizarre post. Disparagement isn't really much of a credible counter-argument is it!

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top