Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2015, 05:41 PM

Re: Mass Extinction?

Mass Extinction?
I won't be losing any sleep over an event which will happen many centuries after my demise unless that is mankind hastens it with his ridiculous wars.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2015, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
Human Beings ‘Could Die Out’ In New Mass Extinction
Many scientists believe the next mass extinction event is already underway....Why does man hunt animals into extinction? Do you think we deserve to become extinct?

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/human-bein...8.html#WcHHX5i
Yes I do think we deserve to become extinct. The world would be a better place without us.
Derbygal
Idaho USA
Derbygal is female  Derbygal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2015, 07:27 PM

Do any of you foks read the Bible ? if you don't try !
Matthew Chapter 24 - your answers are there.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2015, 08:36 PM

Matthew 24New International Version (NIV)

The Destruction of the Temple and Signs of the End Times
24 Jesus left the temple and was walking away when his disciples came up to him to call his attention to its buildings. 2 “Do you see all these things?” he asked. “Truly I tell you, not one stone here will be left on another; every one will be thrown down.”

I agree Derbygal but im not really one for reading the bible
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2015, 08:42 PM

I don't go along with this theory at all. What everyone is forgetting about is space travel. We are going to EXPAND our frontiers: 'To boldly go where no man has gone before'. By the time any threat from an extinction is going to happen we will be inhabiting any number of planets. Apart from this we can create our own eco systems anywhere we damn well choose now never-mind what we could do in the future.

So I will forcefully put forward my own view on this and say ...

IT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN!

So go to bed tonight and sleep soundly.

Then again I might be wrong.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2015, 11:51 PM

Well you lot are a bundle of laughs I must say!
We'd better bloody well not be extinct before I've recovered from my ops as I fully intend to be walking running cycling and swimming in a couple of months.
So There.
Good night! X
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2015, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by Derbygal ->
Do any of you foks read the Bible ? if you don't try !
Yep I read some. It is filled with hidden codes, mathematical codes and makes references to the Philosopher's Stone. The King James Bible also has references to Francis Bacon that suggest he was actually Shakespeare and so on.

All of the key words concerning "The First Key" of Basilius Valentinus's work "The Twelve Keys" can be found encoded in the book of Genesis alone.

So yes. An interesting work for sure, but not intended to be taken literally imo and most certainly written by Man.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2015, 11:54 PM

Us Martians will be alright, Nanoo Nanoo, its curtains for you
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2015, 11:55 PM

On the topic of extinction, I think there are some wild ideas out there.

It's quite simple to eliminate a species. You simply prevent it from replicating. It then dies out. From that basic principle we can deduce that women will be the target for sterility. Assuming that is someone wants us all extinct.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2015, 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
On the topic of extinction, I think there are some wild ideas out there.

It's quite simple to eliminate a species. You simply prevent it from replicating. It then dies out. From that basic principle we can deduce that women will be the target for sterility. Assuming that is someone wants us all extinct.

Why not men? It would achieve the same end.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top