Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2015, 09:53 AM

Re: Diesel From Air?

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
Well, the 'esteemed scientist's' opinions that I have taken the time to read are in variance to your opinion. There are many 'so called scientists' that are not scientists at all and have a hidden agenda part of which is hiding the truth (or distorting it). Global warming has been accepted as being man-made to all intents and purposes now but for years it paid many to keep a lid on the findings. Has this been done before? Just think of smoking and how loads of 'scientists' claimed smoking wasn't harmful. Procrastinating kept the high sales of fags going for around 50 years before the 'truth' finally hit the headlines. Apparently we don't have 50 years with global warming. In 50 years time who knows what we could be facing.
I agree that there is a hidden agenda, but its on the part of the doom and gloom merchants who, just like insurance companies, make money out of your fears by the the forecasting of impending doom due to our love of all things CO2 producing.

Smoking is an entirely different kettle of fish. Anyone with half a brain knows that drawing smoke - with all of its chemicals - into the lungs is not going to be a healthy choice but its a choice smokers make, and that is speaking as an ex smoker.
The great revelation by scientists and doctors that smoking was bad for you came as no surprise to most, and I don't believe was responsible for many people quiting the habit. The way the government has banned smoking from just about everywhere, and making smokers feel like second class citizens is more like the real reason. Again, it shows the power the government has to waive public opinion by outlawing certain freedoms.

And now they are brainwashing people into believing that bad weather is caused by our minute production of CO2, making us feel guilty about turning the heating up in the winter, or driving our cars to work, or burning coal and gas to produce electricity. A massive so called 'green industry' has grown out of this nonsense, is there any wonder the government give it there blessing.

Johnny Ball explains this a lot better than I ever could, everyone should listen to him and then make an informed decision. Strikes me Mark, you are being brainwashed like everyone else who absorbs this garbage which I must say, after reading some of your other very sensible posts, I find very surprising. You always struck me as a man who makes a balanced argument on most other things.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2015, 10:11 AM

Re: Diesel From Air?

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I agree that there is a hidden agenda, but its on the part of the doom and gloom merchants who, just like insurance companies, make money out of your fears by the the forecasting of impending doom due to our love of all things CO2 producing.

Smoking is an entirely different kettle of fish. Anyone with half a brain knows that drawing smoke - with all of its chemicals - into the lungs is not going to be a healthy choice but its a choice smokers make, and that is speaking as an ex smoker.
The great revelation by scientists and doctors that smoking was bad for you came as no surprise to most, and I don't believe was responsible for many people quiting the habit. The way the government has banned smoking from just about everywhere, and making smokers feel like second class citizens is more like the real reason. Again, it shows the power the government has to waive public opinion by outlawing certain freedoms.

And now they are brainwashing people into believing that bad weather is caused by our minute production of CO2, making us feel guilty about turning the heating up in the winter, or driving our cars to work, or burning coal and gas to produce electricity. A massive so called 'green industry' has grown out of this nonsense, is there any wonder the government give it there blessing.

Johnny Ball explains this a lot better than I ever could, everyone should listen to him and then make an informed decision. Strikes me Mark, you are being brainwashed like everyone else who absorbs this garbage which I must say, after reading some of your other very sensible posts, I find very surprising. You always struck me as a man who makes a balanced argument on most other things.
I've looked into it and to err on the side of caution is by far the more sensible choice. Make the mistake of burying your head in the sand on this matter could be disastrous in the long term - as in having terminal, irreversible consequences.

As for smoking if people want to smoke that should be up to them as long as it doesn't impact on non-smokers but it does doesn't it: hospitals overrun with smoking related illnesses the main one; families losing main wage earners another, and so it goes on.

Consequences and responsibilities need to be considered with regard to certain matters and global warming is one that should be given precedence over others as time is running out.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top