Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2015, 09:31 AM

A Tent For All Reasons

Seikaly designed these amazing multipurpose tents with refugees in mind, people who have been displaced by global and civil war, climate change and more.

http://www.1millionwomen.com.au/blog...ople-globally/

MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2015, 09:52 AM

Re: A Tent For All Reasons

Originally Posted by solo ->
Seikaly designed these amazing multipurpose tents with refugees in mind, people who have been displaced by global and civil war, climate change and more.

http://www.1millionwomen.com.au/blog...ople-globally/

That is a brilliant design.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2015, 10:00 AM

Yes lovely
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2015, 10:23 AM

These tents are brilliant Solo...if only they could be distributed fast and to anyone that needs one like NOW!!!
Surely some millionaires could get together and manufacture these on a grand scale they are needed by millions
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2015, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
These tents are brilliant Solo...if only they could be distributed fast and to anyone that needs one like NOW!!!
Surely some millionaires could get together and manufacture these on a grand scale they are needed by millions

I doubt if IKEA would like that as the UN have just ordered 10.000 of there flat pack shelters
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2015, 10:54 AM

oooops! lol
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2015, 12:31 PM

What a great practical design, it deserves to be a winner.
I wonder could he bang me up something similar in a shed?
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2015, 12:35 PM

I'd love one of those! Not only practical but beautiful to look at. I really hope that this design is widely used.
solo
UK

02-09-2015, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
I'd love one of those! Not only practical but beautiful to look at. I really hope that this design is widely used.

The cost of the IKEA flatpacks are US$1,150 (£753.00) each which cost three times more than a standard UNHCR tent.

The concept tent shown unlike these flat packs provides some of the basic human rights to displaced people: a home, water and energy at no extra costs.

Methinks profit has a lot to do with this
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2015, 06:58 PM

It's certainly a funky looking design but I have some doubts/reservations about the portability angle. I appreciate that the design allows the sections to fold up and there are plenty of pictures of little bits of paper models showing the opening and folding principle, but not one picture of the real tent collapsed and folded.

It looks to me as if it would be a fairly huge thing to lug about when collapsed. Not something you could stick on your back. I'm probably wrong as portability would seem an obvious requirement but I haven't found any pictures of the disassembled tent.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top