Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2015, 01:39 PM

The Science Behind Adult Colouring Books

Anyone that uses these colouring books knows how relaxing they can be.

Off course there has to be a scientific reason for them

http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/...-books/6750808
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2015, 02:06 PM

Re: The Science Behind Adult Colouring Books

I have bought my granddaughter a hardcover adult colouring book as part of her 15th birthday present this Sunday. She has been unable to attend school for the past 4 years and I thought it would prove to be of help to her. It's called "Colour yourself Calm" and is an art therapy book to release stress and calm the mind. It has some amazing patterns to colour and an inspirational quote at the bottom of each page.
Marion
Norfolk
Marion is female  Marion has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2015, 02:08 PM

I used to love colouring with my grandchildren, and it was very relaxing.

Haven't tried these book though.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2015, 11:39 AM

I'm sure they have a relaxing effect on people, once you can get stuck into it they will take your mind off whatever is troubling your, that has to be good for folks so they get my vote.

I have invested in a bumper colouring book myself, I don't want to sound like a moaner but whenever I have to go out shopping with the wife it really plays havoc on me nerves, home I think I'll never get, I eventually arrive home and plonk meself into the armchair. Now men of a weaker makeup would immediately reach for a large Brandy, but not this all modern man, I reach for my colouring book instead, it's actually kept in the first aid box, a fitting place for it. I take pen in hand and begin, all the days tension just seems to float out of me ears and up the chimney, and I become lost in whatever design I'm on, the feeling of sheer bliss is hard to describe.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2015, 11:56 AM

Probably makes the 'arty' part of the brain kick in, the part that gets ignored a fair bit as we go about our business. Artists know all about this as they lose many hours whilst in the 'zone'.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2015, 02:45 PM

I love these art books and have several of them and allsorts of coloured pens for them as well,they really are great for passing an evening away and take your mind off things too.
Some of the ones ive seen look far from relaxing to me though as the pictures are so intricate and fine they would give me a headache just trying to keep in the lines lol...I prefer the pictures to be bolder and more defined.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2015, 02:52 PM

This is a first for me, I have never heard of adult colouring books. Will have to look into this further.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2015, 06:54 PM

If you do buy to try...The Works are far cheaper than WH Smiths or Waterstones

check the prices

http://www.theworks.co.uk/c/non-fict...olouring-books
jaywalker
Hobart, Tasmania
jaywalker is female  jaywalker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2015, 06:13 AM

They've reached Australia - saw them in our local equivalent to the £Stretcher shop the other day, and also the various pens to go with them. Doesn't appeal to me personally but I can see the advantages. I'm addicted to my iPad word games which have the same effect.
solo
UK

10-09-2015, 09:53 AM

You can also download and print a colouring page..even the secret garden ones.

http://www.muminthemadhouse.com/2015...es-for-adults/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top