Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2015, 05:19 AM

Re: Supermoon and Bloodmoon..

My attempts

Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2015, 06:03 AM

Love that last one...

My camera just couldnt catch the colour .. once the full eclipse happened it was just too dark for it.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2015, 07:07 AM

Great photos Warley ...I did manage to see the bloodmoon at around 3.20am went back to bed and I took this pic at around 6am this morning

clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2015, 08:02 AM

Nice photos Warley Ron but I really like yours Aysa, it looks almost like a Christmas card.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2015, 08:04 AM

Thanks Clumsy I took it with my mobile phone and didnt think it would come out very well but im pleased with the effect
Marj
England
Marj is female  Marj has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2015, 10:00 AM

I looked out and had a fab view 3-30 am

Great photos by the way.
Lila
London UK
Lila is female  Lila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2015, 10:31 AM

Yes I saw it and took some photos.
Hanfonius
North Wales
Hanfonius is male  Hanfonius has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2015, 11:09 AM

I spent most of the early hours of the morning popping in and out of the spare bedroom where I could see the moon. Despite the ground fog, the skies were clear of clouds, but I failed to see the dark red colour that people are reporting. The moon was mostly grey with perhaps a faint tinge of brown. Seeing it in full eclipse was a new experience, and it lasted for so long.

Returning to bed, I began to wonder how the Earth looked from the moon, so I mentally projected myself up there. Looking back, the Earth was just a circular black void, featureless, and reminding me of a black hole. However, it was surrounded by a wonderful halo of the suns’ flares, which was very evident. I travelled back even further to the point where the moon was the same size as the Earth, and overlaid. I was now deep into the nothingness of space. The stars were spectacularly bright, more so in the absence of an atmosphere. I could clearly see the constellations and nebulas, and the incredible details of the Milky Way.

There was a feeling of total isolation in the most uninhabitable environment imaginable. The temperature was fractionally above absolute zero, absolute silence, and there was a constant bombardment of invisible radiations, all of which would instantly devour any exposed living thing. The magnitude of space was inconceivable – infinities stretched from every viewpoint except for the miniscule exception of our Earth and moon.

Space is an environment totally alien to life-forms. Perhaps one day, mankind will learn to travel through space – but we do not belong there. I believe the only way we shall ever travel to the stars will be by mental projection of some kind.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2015, 11:29 AM

I trust you got back safely, Hans?

Seriously though, wasn't it a beautiful clear night, and it was such a brilliant moon it hurt my eyes to look at it.

This was the only picture I could get though . . .

Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2015, 12:42 PM

"Space is an environment totally alien to life-forms. Perhaps one day, mankind will learn to travel through space – but we do not belong there. I believe the only way we shall ever travel to the stars will be by mental projection of some kind" Quote Hanfonius.

I totally agree with you on that Hano.

The missus was all excited about the 'Spectacular Super Moon' she was supposed to see in the early hours of this morning, when I woke up at 8.30am I asked her did she get up to see it, she had a long face on her and said she should have stayed in bed. "It wasn't even red" is all she said. I kept me mouth shut, never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you is a wise old saying.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top