Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2015, 09:34 PM

NASA Photographs

Out of this world - literally!

http://www.snotr.com/video/16169/Ove..._By_NASA_Today
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2015, 10:26 PM

Re: NASA Photographs

Originally Posted by Dobra ->
Out of this world - literally!
Isn't it and beautiful
Hanfonius
North Wales
Hanfonius is male  Hanfonius has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2015, 10:31 PM

It is all so beautiful, and probably unique in this Universe of ours.
Oh, yes, there will almost certainly be other planets with life-forms on them, but nothing as wonderful as Earth.

On a clear night, as you look up into the sky, you can see forever. The Milky Way alone has billions of suns and planets, and the distances are too great for our minds to comprehend. Up there, everything is possible.

As you fly around the Earth, look on the horizon, and see how thin the atmosphere is. In comparison to an apple, the atmosphere is as thin as the apple skin. It is delicate and complex. It is self-sustaining, and protects the surface of the Earth from harmful radiations. It provides the air that we breathe, and the weather that we need to keep a constant and habitable temperature.

Yet, mankind is hell-bent on destroying it with so many different types of pollution.

One day, the atmosphere will simply become unsustainable, and drift away into space. It will leave behind a barren surface of irradiated rocks, and will be as lifeless as the moon or Mars.

Whether you believe in a God or not, it doesn't really matter. We are all guilty of destroying the most wondrous of all creations.

Why?
Why are we so blind we cannot see?
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2015, 06:51 AM

Great pics and vid ...beautiful Earth!
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2015, 08:45 AM

Even though we now know what a beautiful planet we live on, man in his arrogance, will still do his best to destroy it.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2015, 05:21 PM

Not sure if anyone will be interested but there is a High Definition Earth Viewing link. You may think it is still but I have been around the Earth a few times whilst watching

http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/st...ments/917.html
uncle salty
eastern united states
uncle salty is male  uncle salty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2015, 07:01 PM

Thank you! You made my day.

I don't have enough knowledge to be called an outer space buff, but I am a fan.

I have a tee shirt with the NASA logo, and it says 'I Need My Space'.

A quick funny story...

I spent 8 months building a model of the International Space Station, with the intention of giving it to the local children's library.

Once it was finished, I made a startling discovery.

It's too big to get it out of my fort. Sooo glad I didn't promise it beforehand.

And so, it hangs in my fort to this very day. Sorry about the quality. I'm a modeler, not a photographer.

Hanfonius
North Wales
Hanfonius is male  Hanfonius has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2015, 09:52 PM

Oh, Wow!
Salty, you are indeed a gifted man!!!

I am quite sure that somebody over there would love to put that in a school science lab if you didn't have somebody special in mind.

Perhaps in the Youngster's Library?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2015, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by uncle salty ->
Thank you! You made my day.

I don't have enough knowledge to be called an outer space buff, but I am a fan.

I have a tee shirt with the NASA logo, and it says 'I Need My Space'.

A quick funny story...

I spent 8 months building a model of the International Space Station, with the intention of giving it to the local children's library.

Once it was finished, I made a startling discovery.

It's too big to get it out of my fort. Sooo glad I didn't promise it beforehand.

And so, it hangs in my fort to this very day. Sorry about the quality. I'm a modeler, not a photographer.

Very impressive US...
Hanfonius
North Wales

09-10-2015, 10:23 PM

Here is another site that might be of interest to you, Uncle.

http://spotthestation.nasa.gov/sight...h#.Vhgvm02FOpp

When you fire it up, enter your nearest city at the location block - it will remember you from then on.

The programme works out when the ISS will be flying over your part of the world, and gives directions to where you will see it. It only takes a shot time to get used to, and then you can wave to the brave guys and gals up there in space.

Enjoy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top