Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2015, 02:37 PM

Parents cryonically freeze three year old child who dies of cancer

This nearly had me in tears...

Earlier this year, two-year-old Thai girl Matheryn Naovaratpong became the youngest person to be cryogenically frozen, her brain being preserved at the point of death.

Her parents say they are "100% convinced" future medical advances mean she will one day be restored to life.
Video: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-34524771
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2015, 02:43 PM

Re: Parents cryonically freeze three year old child who dies of cancer

I find this very gruesome and dont think technology should be playing god
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2015, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
I find this very gruesome and dont think technology should be playing god
I don't see attempting to preserve life 'gruesome' (technically your cells are still alive for quite some time after you are declared 'dead').

I see it no different to any other kind of medical intervention - are you against all medical procedures?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2015, 03:22 PM

I think it's taking advantage of parents who should now be grieving, they will never be able to move on from this tragedy if they still have this false hope.

Absolutely wrong IMO
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2015, 03:32 PM

I've mixed views on this....
Playing God happened the very first time someone was resuscitated after suffering a heart attack.
Medical advances are getting more amazing by the day. One day there might well be a cure for this little girl.

On the other hand .. yes, it might prevent her parents grieving. .. or might help them with their loss?
My reservations would be more to do with practicalities, like ...
when she's restored to life will her parents be long dead? How much does all this cost?
Personally, for me, I'd rather just go at my allotted time.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2015, 03:39 PM

Life gets more complicated day by day.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2015, 03:47 PM

I suppose it does beg the question .... when are you dead?

Religion has it's own defined boundary ... I guess it's inevitable science can create another.
I wonder if the little girl is registered as legally dead.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2015, 03:56 PM

I believe you have to be registered as dead to be frozen they are not allowed to do it to live bodies.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

15-10-2015, 04:01 PM

So that'll mean another Birth Certificate when she is re-born?
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2015, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
I don't see attempting to preserve life 'gruesome' (technically your cells are still alive for quite some time after you are declared 'dead').

I see it no different to any other kind of medical intervention - are you against all medical procedures?
Hi Azz
No im not against all medical procedures but when someone has died theyre dead not for re animating at a later date but thats just my opinion its the stuff of nightmares!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top