Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2015, 04:19 PM

Re: Parents cryonically freeze three year old child who dies of cancer

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I think it's taking advantage of parents who should now be grieving, they will never be able to move on from this tragedy if they still have this false hope.

Absolutely wrong IMO
Do any parents really move on from a death of their child? I know my parents never really did (especially my mother).

Cryonics, I feel, will help them regain their lives much more easily - because they've got real hope that one day they may be reunited.

If our species doesn't wipe itself out, I think it's only a matter of time before this is an everyday reality
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2015, 04:27 PM

I find this totally bizarre.

It could take another 100 years before they have a cure for cancer - who is going to pay the deep freeze charges for that long?

What kind of world will the child be reintroduced to with all her friends and family long gone?

No - In my opinion this is wrong on so many levels.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2015, 04:28 PM

My mother has never moved on..

When it comes to cryogenics surely a child would be more easily able to accept a new world if and when awakened..
Imagine if you had been put to sleep 20 or 30 years ago (so as an adult) and woke up today..
The changes in such a short time are huge and everyone and everything you knew then would have changed so much.
For a small child the changes would be much less noticable and they would have the time to adapt and fit in.

Not that I agree with cryogenics mind you.. Your time is your time.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2015, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
So that'll mean another Birth Certificate when she is re-born?
Interesting question and something they would have to sort out legally if it ever happened I guess.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2015, 04:36 PM

What would happen to Our Planet Earth if this became 'the norm' and no-body 'died'?...Where would Everyone live?..where would enough food come from to feed is all?..Would We have to live in Outer Space?....jeeze!...My head hurts just thinking about it...so I won't thanks very much.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2015, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
What would happen to Our Planet Earth if this became 'the norm' and no-body 'died'?...Where would Everyone live?..where would enough food come from to feed is all?..Would We have to live in Outer Space?....jeeze!...My head hurts just thinking about it...so I won't thanks very much.
Thats something I think about and although its sci-fi I found this episode of Torchwood very well written.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keN8d8Zo73g
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2015, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Do any parents really move on from a death of their child? I know my parents never really did (especially my mother).

Cryonics, I feel, will help them regain their lives much more easily - because they've got real hope that one day they may be reunited.

If our species doesn't wipe itself out, I think it's only a matter of time before this is an everyday reality
Yes you have to or you would destroy yourself, of course you never forget but you grieve and get to a place where you can live on in my experience. If I had my children frozen I would never have got through their deaths and would still be in limbo all these years later. If they were brought out of the frozen state after their parents died how would they feel ? it's cruel when a child loses a parent I wouldn't wish it on any child.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2015, 05:28 PM

The report said that only her brain has been preserved so who's body will it be contained in? The parents may live a long life so when they are reunited it will only be their minds, which will be the minds of elderly people trying to re-establish a relationship with a 3 year old child.
I have no problem with science but, by the time this happens these brains will have memories of times that the people they live among will view as ancient history.
It could be a disaster when it happens, but I really don't think it will happen because the earth is changing so fast that I don't believe there frozen brains will be significant, or maybe not still exisist, when they have the ability to use them. The only good thing I can see in this is that the parents can have a reason not to grieve for the loss of their child.
Deborah2307
Weymouth Dorset
Deborah2307 is female  Deborah2307 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2015, 05:36 PM

I think we need to stop and think, just because we can does not always mean we should. There maybe a cure for her type of cancer one day but then she could contract something else. Whether we like it or not death is something we all have to partake in, sadly some earlier than others.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2015, 08:19 PM

As far as I know freezing dead bodies with a view to bringing them back to life with new improved technology has been going on for a few decades now, isn’t Walt Disney waiting to be defrosted? the sooner the better they bring him back because Disney Productions has gone to the dogs of late.
There are a few tales in the bible about raising the dead so I’m sure God wouldn’t mind any progress there.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top