Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2015, 12:35 AM

Re: Parents cryonically freeze three year old child who dies of cancer

Originally Posted by Jem ->
There are a few tales in the bible about raising the dead so I’m sure God wouldn’t mind any progress there
Great point Jim
opheila
North Jersey, US
opheila is female  opheila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2015, 04:35 AM

Just some things you have to accept. Whitney Houston's daughter...she was gone six months before they let her go...no they aren't going to magically bring them back really...
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2015, 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
As far as I know freezing dead bodies with a view to bringing them back to life with new improved technology has been going on for a few decades now ...
Yes, Jem, it has been around for ages - in theory even longer than in practice - but - have they ever successfully resurrected a person? I do not think so. Can they guarantee that a previously frozen person will return exactly as they were before freezing? No, they cannot.

... isn’t Walt Disney waiting to be defrosted?
Apparently not, Jem ...

"Contrary to popular belief, Disney was cremated —not frozen. After decades of speculation, his family finally decided they were tired of the rumor mill. In 2012, Disney’s daughter, Diane Disney Miller, told the Daily Mail that part of the reason the Disneys opened the Walt Disney Family Museum in San Francisco was to combat some of the ridiculous rumors about her father’s life, including the Walt-cicle tall tale. “Other little kids would say to my kids, ‘Your grandfather is frozen, isn’t he?’ And I couldn’t let that stand,” Disney Miller said.

That little myth probably got started in 1972, when Bob Nelson, then the president of the Cryonics Society of California, gave an interview to the Los Angeles Times. Though what he specifically said was that Walt was not cryogenically frozen, even going so far as to say, “They had him cremated. I personally have seen his ashes,” what people likely remembered from the article was his statement that Walt wanted to be frozen."

...the sooner the better they bring him back because Disney Productions has gone to the dogs of late.
I completely agree with you.

There are a few tales in the bible about raising the dead so I’m sure God wouldn’t mind any progress there.
God may have granted us free will, he may have also facilitated the development of scientific skills, but I do not believe his intention in so doing was to make himself redundant.

I still believe that what the parents in the OP have done is sick - even more so when I read that only the brain had been frozen. How the heck do they intend for that to ever be resurrected? It is just barbaric.
JonV6
New Member!
Devon
JonV6 is male 

16-10-2015, 10:49 AM

I think the parents are at risk of making themselves miserable living in false hope. There comes a point where the best thing to do is to let go, even every instinct to love your child says you don't want to.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2015, 11:16 AM

Thanks for that and the info on Walt Disney Silver.
As they say in the undertaking trade “Many are cold but few are frozen”
Sorry but I've run out of me tablets again.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2015, 06:45 PM

pets - that always gets the british up in arms - is there any evidence of frozen pets brought back to life and can instantly recognize their owners or have to be re-introduced all over again as a new owner?? - just a thought - surely it would be safer and cheaper to do some research with our deceased pets rather than our deceased kids??

will the mods 'freeze' this thread in the end??
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2015, 07:14 PM

will the mods 'freeze' this thread in the end??

Don't think so, not when you just put another log on the fire.
Deborah2307
Weymouth Dorset
Deborah2307 is female  Deborah2307 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2015, 08:53 PM

If you need more logs I have just had a load delivered
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2015, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I think it's taking advantage of parents who should now be grieving, they will never be able to move on from this tragedy if they still have this false hope.

Absolutely wrong IMO

I think I agree with you Julie. We don't know exactly what happened because we weren't present, but sometimes I do feel that some procedures are more for the scientists benefit than the families.
Tregonsee
Lancashire UK
Tregonsee is male  Tregonsee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2015, 12:31 PM

Sounds like "The man with two brains"

Has a brain transplant ever been succesful? If so was it with a living brain?
Ok I'm comparing to a computer now,
does the brain have a "hard drive"?
Does it have "ROM"?
'Cos if it's all in "RAM" then all data and operating system are lost on power down.

But if it is possible, could I choose the body?

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top