Join for free
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2016, 11:30 PM

How Does Alcohol Affect You?

Does alcohol make you all giggly and silly? Or, stroppy? Or, sick or something else?
Do you have any funny, or other stories about the times you, or others have had after a drink.
Have you ever been kaylied from drink? Have you ever fallen over?

Please tell me, I'd love to hear!
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2016, 11:38 PM

Re: How Does Alcohol Affect You?

I'm a happy drunk.
Never been so drunk that I've not got home....eventually.

Four of my pals and I were drinking flaming Sambuco.

A guy came up to us and asked for a light for his cig.

This was at the time the British Gas ads had a bloke who lit his thumb, the 'don't you love being in control'

So I dipped my thumb in the glass and offered him a light from my lit finger.

He just stared, open mouthed.
The flame then began to burn a little so I dipped it in my pint rather sharpish....the towel which the lit glasses were on moved and the glasses fell over setting the bar alight.

We were banned from drinking them in the future.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2016, 11:44 PM

It makes me laugh, get cross, cry or vomit!
I don't drink, I just watch others doing it!
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2016, 11:44 PM

We had a boat and belonged to a club, so lots of 'do's' and parties either on the cut, in the club house or at people's houses.

One family used to have a NY party every year and one year the punch was particularly strong. First time I've ever passed out in the middle of dancing

I'm either a happy, sexy or tired drunk. Never felt sick, never been sick and never had a hang over.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2016, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
never had a hang over.
You've never been sober long enough
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2016, 12:00 AM

The first Christmas I was due to spend with my husband he disappeared 'somewhere' (I guessed where he was but couldn't be told ) and I was left all alone to worry if he would ever return.

I drank a whole bottle of sherry the only drink in the house and I slept through Christmas day . That was 1975 and I haven't touched sherry since

If I drink more than a glass of anything alcoholic I fall asleep.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2016, 12:10 AM

I was on another forum years ago where one of the blokes owned up to going out on New Years Eve for a drinkie or five, going home .. and forgetting his wife and leaving her behind at the pub.

We teased him something rotten over that
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2016, 12:34 AM

I don't go overboard too often but when I do it usually makes me feel very happy, very sociable and I enjoy myself a lot.
Then I get home and the room starts to spin and I spend most of the night vomiting and all the next day with a hangover...

Last time was in Benidorn about 5 years ago - mind you I reckon it was probably the cheap vodka I was drinking..
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2016, 03:14 AM

I am a happy drunk too and I manage to get across one main road on the way home from the club without too much hassle.

Never had a hangover either though when I was very much younger I used to hate the way I had to hang on to the bed as it spun round. Never get that effect now.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2016, 03:30 AM

In Aus (and probably elsewhere) there seems to be three types of drunks
those who become aggressive
those who go to sleep
those who get all randy

and then there's Pum. Will talk the leg off a chair.
Convivial, articulate (I'm told), occasionally funny - but rabbity rabbity rabbity.

This is probably a surprise to nobody.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top