Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2019, 06:01 PM

Lost and found

A lady I was standing next to at the aboretum yesterday was enquiring about an item she had lost on a visit there the year before. She said she knew it had been found (must have phoned) unfortunately it had been possibly sent to a charity shop with other long held items the guide told her.

Have you ever lost anything when out and about or found something someone else had lost?

I've lost several items when moving house, but, can only think of one thing when out. It was a carrier bag of Christmas presents, I left them on a bus, never handed in by anyone
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2019, 06:07 PM

Re: Lost and found

I lost a very expensive pearl earring in a field...gave up hope of ever finding it..went out to that same field on another day...just happened to look down and there it was.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2019, 06:09 PM

Lost my brand new wrangler sweat shirt in Llandudno

Found a brand new food processor in a car park, handed it in but no one claimed it, so we donated it to a school raffle..
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2019, 06:42 PM

While it's not exactly out and about, we lost our remote control in the living room. It's been missing about 2 years now and never turned up, absolute mystery, vanished into thin air.

I found an expensive mobile phone in Tesco car park, handed it in and they rang me to say a man had claimed it and was delighted. I felt glad I made someone happy.
Sweetsue
midWales
Sweetsue is female  Sweetsue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2019, 07:44 PM

Many years ago I came home, put my set of keys on the dining room table and never saw them again! We blamed the children but turned the bungalow upside down and never found them.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2019, 08:13 PM

I lost my much treasured gold cross and chain in the summer this year.
I had that necklace for many, many years and still miss it terribly, still look for it too.

I was at my Chiropractor's, and took it off for her to work on my neck.
I'm pretty sure I put it back on when we'd finished, but noticed the next morning I hadn't got it on.

I phoned the practitioner, and she looked everywhere I had been, even checked the hoover bag for me. Nothing.
I turned my car out, looked under the seat, down between the seats, indoors, in my bed, and everywhere I could think of. Nothing.

I was, and still am, very upset and it meant an awful lot to me.
It was not like the run-of-the-mill sort you see in all the jewellers, it was unusual and I know I won't get another one like it.
I still keep looking places, even now.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2019, 09:32 PM

A new personalised t shirt bought in Cairo. Probably left it on the coach but despite contacting the cruise company I never got it back.

Two Sunday newspapers which I put up on the shelf on a coach during a trip to Bradford/Emmerdale studios. The annoying part was, in them days, newsagents were hard to find! I reckon they slid down during the drive and someone's nicked 'em.

Mum lost a nice bracelet when we went on a London boat trip down the Thames to Kew Gardens. I felt guilty because it was all my idea.

My Chris Rea CD has been missing since last year when I first hired the storage unit. I have the case but not the disc.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2019, 10:46 PM

I lost my late M-IN-L's wedding ring, used to wear it on my middle finger right hand, it was a bit loose. We were on holiday at the time, but it wasn't til I was on the way home I realised it was missing. I sort of knew where I'd lost it to, in a public loo in St Ives. I'd heard a tinkling sound, (no not me peeing) & half registered it but didn't think any more about it. I never told my OH I'd lost it either. It was a thick ring & 18 ct gold too. I hope whoever found it needed the money it fetched when they sold it.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2019, 09:56 AM

I once stood for a few minutes watching a man frantically searching in and around his car before I handed back his wallet which contained a huge wad of notes. I had found the wallet on the ground and and it was just a case of waiting for someone to come searching for it. He looked very relieved.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2019, 10:00 AM

I lost my first wedding ring soon after I married .
Doing some hand washing I think .
Probably a sign .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top