Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2021, 02:21 PM

Re: Picture perfect day

Originally Posted by RJG ->
We visited Dartmoor many moons ago, I can't say we were taken with the place.
Where have you visited that you would want to return to, RJG?
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2021, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
No days were perfect, pre pandemic, all days are jolly good though, regardless of any demics.
Nice perspective Spitty!
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2021, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
It would be riding out on Dartmoor with my friend, we would let the ponies drink from the stream & sit looking at the wildlife, birds & wild ponies, while they cooled their legs in the water. It was a warm & sunny Summers day.
Sounds heavenly Tiffany
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

25-04-2021, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
My perfect day if everything was indeed perfect would be a long hike with good friends in beautiful countryside, maybe some decent hills and lovely scenery and including a yummy pub lunch, great weather and good conversation, perhaps a cream tea too. I can't think of a better setting than the English countryside which is just the best place to be when the weather is kind. I would also quite like to be ten or twenty years younger on this perfect day
Nice Annie! I take it a cream tea is cake and tea
RJG
UK
RJG is female  RJG has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2021, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Where have you visited that you would want to return to, RJG?
Only my island home of Guernsey, not that I will be going there again in the near future, if ever. I have never liked holidays, even as a young person, but of course it was important to take our children to places for the sake of their education. I was always pleased to get home again.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

25-04-2021, 02:27 PM

My perfect day is doing my own thing without interruption, like reading, my digital artwork or my writing.
That lovely RJG - It would be great to see your artwork
RJG
UK
RJG is female  RJG has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2021, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
That lovely RJG - It would be great to see your artwork
I occasionally use it as an avatar, but having had it stolen in the past when putting it on forums, I don't usually display the full pictures these days.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

25-04-2021, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
If I could ride I would love to join you. As it is, I would have a walk on Dartmoor, with a picnic on the hill above Sheepstor village, overlooking Burrator reservoir. One of the best views in all of Dartmoor, and only a few miles from home. Bliss!
I also love horses but I’m not the best rider. Once, I rode a horse - an old mare (allocated to me since I was less than a beginner). Picture this, it’s the middle of Namibia - winter season so dry and Sandy.

We set off alright but then, shock and horror, the old Mary broke out from a leisurely trot into a gallop

Needless to say, I hung on for dear life thinking ok girl steady on. But then up ahead, I saw a log in front of the path. Now, it wasn’t a huge log but still, it was a LOG

I thought well here goes, I always wanted to do showjumping so now is my chance. And, without missing a beat, the old Mary launched into the air whilst I just shut my eyes and the next thing I heard was a thud has she landed on the other side of the log with me barely holding onto her. She proceeded to gallop all the way home.

But, I wasn’t the highlight of that particular ride, since the rider in front of me had an even better tale to tell . She had a stallion and had the time of her life since the saddle came undone! Good heavens, that rider was riding on the side of said stallion. Dangerous as it was, I’ve never laughed so hard in my life

Guess that old Mary was the better horse after all
I just love having these adventures. Life would be boring without them
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2021, 02:45 PM

Only my island home of Guernsey, not that I will be going there again in the near future, if ever. I have never liked holidays, even as a young person, but of course it was important to take our children to places for the sake of their education. I was always pleased to get home again.
Well, I'm sure your children appreciated the new adventures. Its nice when parents take the time to do things like that....and you never do know about Guernsey, maybe you will get there yet!
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2021, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
It would be riding out on Dartmoor with my friend, we would let the ponies drink from the stream & sit looking at the wildlife, birds & wild ponies, while they cooled their legs in the water. It was a warm & sunny Summers day.
That sounds heavenly, but you will need a more than a few horses as half the forum wants to go with you!

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
My perfect day if everything was indeed perfect would be a long hike with good friends in beautiful countryside, maybe some decent hills and lovely scenery and including a yummy pub lunch, great weather and good conversation, perhaps a cream tea too. I can't think of a better setting than the English countryside which is just the best place to be when the weather is kind. I would also quite like to be ten or twenty years younger on this perfect day
That sounds just right. I think my perfect day would likewise include some hiking. I'd like to shave off that decade too!

My perfect day is doing my own thing without interruption, like reading, my digital artwork or my writing.
I can relate to that. Having a break from of responsibilities is something I get only once in a blue moon. I hardly know what to do with myself!

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
If I could ride I would love to join you. As it is, I would have a walk on Dartmoor, with a picnic on the hill above Sheepstor village, overlooking Burrator reservoir. One of the best views in all of Dartmoor, and only a few miles from home. Bliss!
Isn't it interesting that so many of our favorite days would be simple ones close to home!

I occasionally use it as an avatar, but having had it stolen in the past when putting it on forums, I don't usually display the full pictures these days.
How do you know? Are they perhaps also using it as an avatar? Aren't avatars otherwise too few in pixels to be of any use to anyone?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top