Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
OldFogey
NW UK
OldFogey is male  OldFogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 03:52 PM

Re: Bercow bollox to Brexit show.

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
A question for you OF. Would you still be spitting feathers over the 52-48 majority vote if it was Remain that had won the Referendum? Be ready to be called a hypocrite.
Be ready to be answered honestly.

I don't know.

What I do know for a fact is that the final decision rightly rests with Parliament - not with the outcome of some Mickey Mouse opinion poll.

Also, if the vote HAD gone the other way, wouldn't Brexiteers be screaming for another referendum?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
Though countries can and have left the Commonwealth.
Kicked out you mean. To be re-admitted after they amended their behaviour. So can the UK. Article 49.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by OldFogey ->

I don't know.

What I do know for a fact is that the final decision rightly rests with Parliament - not with the outcome of some Mickey Mouse opinion poll.

Also, if the vote HAD gone the other way, wouldn't Brexiteers be screaming for another referendum?
No! That's where you are wrong. Yes we would have had a bloody good moan about it but I Really don't think we would have used the underhand lengths you lot have got up to.
OldFogey
NW UK
OldFogey is male  OldFogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
No! That's where you are wrong. Yes we would have had a bloody good moan about it but I Really don't think we would have used the underhand lengths you lot have got up to.
I can't think of anything more underhand than:
1. The blatant lying by the Brexit lot during the referendum campaign;
2. The current attempt by the PM - with, it appears, the connivance of the Speaker - to wear down opposition to her "plan", a truly awful cobbled-together tawdry piece of product that has been decisively out-voted twice.

Why isn't Bercow disallowing May's tiresome strategy? That's the question that needs answering.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 05:57 PM

2. The current attempt by the PM - with, it appears, the connivance of the Speaker - to wear down opposition to her "plan", a truly awful cobbled-together tawdry piece of product that has been decisively out-voted twice.

Why isn't Bercow disallowing May's tiresome strategy? That's the question that needs answering.

Is it because Bercow is a tosser ?
OldFogey
NW UK

16-03-2019, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Is it because Bercow is a tosser ?
Could be.

Erskine May expressly forbids what May is trying to do:
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...al-parliament/
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 06:59 PM

Could be.

Bercow has the power to prevent a third vote on May’s deal if it is deemed to be substantially unchanged from a motion already brought before the House during the same session of parliament.
However, should Bercow prevent the motion on May's deal being tabled again he could then be accused of contributing to us leaving without a deal which is the default position if the withdrawal agreement isn't passed.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 07:56 PM

Could be.

Yes this is true- just shows May's deal is what would keep us in the EU ....

It's not Brexit that's for sure
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2019, 02:03 PM

Because Bercow and May want the same result.No Brexit or failing that .Mays deal.May can't really go for no Brexit for political reasons,so she has persuaded the dwarf to go for her deal. They are now working together. It is possible this arrangement will endure,but with politicians
Who knows?
Regards.Donkeyman.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2019, 02:22 PM

I don't know.

Fortunately the British electorate have ahistory of respecting the vote up to now, maybe that respect is to blame for the massive disrespect for voters displayed by politicians presently.
Regards.Donkeyman.

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top