Join for free
Page 527 of 754 « First < 27 427 477 517 525 526 527 528 529 537 577 627 > Last »
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2020, 12:40 PM

Re: Over 50's Club Scotland (part 3)

Cats View.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	94449583_516454595903012_114646283586633728_n.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	12317  
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2020, 08:17 AM

Good Morning Each,another sunny warmish one here but hope that chilly wind stays away...nothing much to add except ...I'm bored,

Your cats have said it all Roxy
valentinojess
largs, scotland
valentinojess is female  valentinojess has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2020, 11:45 AM

Good morning ladies. Weather is the same here today. Like you May I wish the wind would die down a bit, still its better than rain. My usual walk today and then see what I feel like doing.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2020, 11:52 AM

Hi again,the grass has been cut ...again..dandelions attacked with gusto ..more cleaning between paving on paths...jeeeze.!.the outside of My House is almost as clean as the inside..I've also washed all My winter woollies,but won't put them away just yet...and I'm running out of stuff to discuss on the phone with Family etc' trying to avoid mentioning this shite plague
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2020, 01:32 PM

Afternoon Ladies, Well I was up as usual at 6am, took dog out for an hour, came home and fell asleep again till Himself came in for lunch and woke me.
Like you I'm bored rigid....I WANT MY LIFE BACK.
Heading away for a shower then will try to find something to do.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND

22-04-2020, 03:30 PM

LOL @ Roxy...don't We all...well it turned out to be a lovely afternoon and I've spent most of it putting up curtains in the SH,adding pillows & cushions to make it more comfortable as it looks like I'm going to be spending a lorra lorra time in it this summer....
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.

22-04-2020, 10:51 PM

Did you see on the News tonight that we have to live with this Social distancing for the rest of the year.
My worry just now are my toe nails, I can't cut them myself as they grow wrong. I have to have a chiropodist do it and they're not working just now. It's been 12 weeks since they were last done and I really need them done again as they're getting sore. Any ideas?
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND

23-04-2020, 08:55 AM

Good morning Each,a bit of hazy sun here but fine and dry,

Can't help You there Roxy except to hope Yer Man can clip them for You if You give 'em a good soak in hot water?

I don't pay any attention to the uk gov' advice as Our Own gov' has more common sense. and tells Us the truth..I wonder if the tory leader of the pack will be forced to come out with his hands up when it's all over
valentinojess
largs, scotland
valentinojess is female  valentinojess has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2020, 11:07 AM

Good morning ladies. Roxy hope you manage to get you manage to get something done with your toenails. May I'm looking to get stuff to clean the slabs in the back garden. Will pop into one of the local shops and see if they have it.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND

24-04-2020, 09:06 AM

CORONA VIRUS...NICOLA STURGEON ABANDONS THE PRETENCE.

Perhaps it is the miasma of partisan politics. Perhaps it is scrutiny from the wicked media. Perhaps it is instinctive.

Whatever the cause, political leaders generally like to exude certainty. They will say: "I believe I have been completely clear about this" Or: "Let me assure the House……"

By contrast, many ministers of my acquaintance have been in an honourable lather of uncertainty much of the time. That is because the decisions confronting them are tough, really tough.

But they pretend otherwise. They fear to let it seem that they are havering or dovering, to use two fine Scots words.

Nicola Sturgeon has, to a large extent, abandoned the pretence. In all her remarkable pronouncements during this quite remarkable period, she has constantly stressed that she may have to change tack, that she is open to other ideas.

That she is, in short, uncertain. Indeed, she used the word "uncertainty" repeatedly today as she set out her framework for a possible exit strategy.
◾Lifting of Scottish lockdown 'likely to be phased'

She could not be sure when lockdown would be lifted. She could not be sure when a drug or a vaccine would emerge. She could not be entirely certain about the impact of future policies.

This was honesty, painful frankness from the first minister. And with a purpose. She wants us on her side. She needs us, the public, to engage in discourse about where we go next.

Firstly, to bring out ideas. But, secondly, because we will be more inclined to observe the constraints which will still be necessary if we feel we have played a part in formulating them.

If we feel that this is a collective decision for the common weal, rather than a dictat handed down.

The new normal.

But what a scenario she painted. Even after lockdown is eased, there will be a need for social distancing. That will affect business, sport, arts, leisure and schools.

This will be the new normal, if such a thing can be envisaged.

Ms Sturgeon acknowledged that she had perhaps been somewhat surprised by the extent of compliance with the lockdown. She would not have anticipated such ready backing.

But now, acting on scientific advice, she is asking for more. For continuing constraint. This will be, to use a word she also deployed frequently, tough.

It was a powerful performance by a first minister who is plainly working night and day on this issue, disdaining common policies

For example, she was asked in the opening question what she thought of the UK government's performance. It was an invitation to give Downing street a kicking. She demurred, sticking to her own record.

She was asked whether she could envisage Scotland going it alone on easing lockdown. She could - and was acutely aware of Scotland's distinctive needs.

But she wasn't pushing this. I think she is aware also of the possibility of confused messages for the public. She said - whether it was Scotland or the UK - what counted was tackling the virus.

And that was a section of her remarks which struck me. There was no acceptable proportion of infection. We could not let the disease rip. We had to counter it, to defeat it.

That was the primary concern. At the same time, we could not persist in total lockdown for ever and a day. There would be nothing left of the economy and precious little in the way of societal structure.

Common sense words from Scotlands First Minister so looks like We have a long way to go before Our NORMAL Lives can resume...just have to grin & bear it Folks...It's another fine sunny Morning here so more faffing about in the garden for Me...I'm catching up with My reading & writing more than I've done for years..have a good one Lassies and enjoy the weekend as much as You can.xx

Page 527 of 754 « First < 27 427 477 517 525 526 527 528 529 537 577 627 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top