Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2018, 12:15 PM

Re: Do You Stock Up Or Buy Only What You Need?

I have a £6 off £30 for Sainsbury today so eyeing up buying some more coffee
Adanac
canada
Adanac is female  Adanac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2018, 12:18 PM

I know someone who stocks up on eyeglasses, 12 pair last count. Would that be considered hoarding?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2018, 12:27 PM

I have lots of room in my garage so am always well stocked up and pride myself on never paying full price for washing and cleaning products.

With regard to food , for most things I have one in use and 2+ spare. The store cupboard always has a good supply of dry goods and there is fresh yeast in the freezer which can quickly be turned into bread .

When you live out in the countryside with no shops around it is wise to be well stocked up.
Fruit and vegetables store well in the garage too and at various times of the year there are vegetables and fruit in the garden. I have just picked some lovely purple broccoli for lunch. There are only 6 plants in the raised bed but they have kept me well supplied.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2018, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by DWebb ->
I have a £6 off £30 for Sainsbury today so eyeing up buying some more coffee
You're addicted to that stuff!

I don't have a great deal of storage space so tend not to hoard much. But I do have 2 freezers, one chest freezer and one small upright, so I will stock up on frozen stuff but only when it's cheap
cbrown372
Scotland
cbrown372 is female  cbrown372 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2018, 12:01 PM

As long as I have some chocolate hidden away I’m happy
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2018, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Nicol ->

I don't have a great deal of storage space so tend not to hoard much. But I do have 2 freezers, one chest freezer and one small upright, so I will stock up on frozen stuff but only when it's cheap
Or just addicted to buying it
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2018, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Nicol ->

I try not to rely on the freezers. Bad weather here which means we can't get out, also means power cuts

We grow our own as much as we can, and with the hens and ducks we are never short of an egg and I can make something out of nothing at times
DWebb
North East, UK

11-03-2018, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
I try not to rely on the freezers. Bad weather here which means we can't get out, also means power cuts

We grow our own as much as we can, and with the hens and ducks we are never short of an egg and I can make something out of nothing at times
As long as you don’t make something out of the hens and ducks
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2018, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by DWebb ->
As long as you don’t make something out of the hens and ducks
Hens and ducks, no

Roosters and Drakes, they are pretty tasty
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2018, 12:26 PM

Both my salad drawers in the fridge are full of tubs of Clover when they were on offer at half price. I also seem to be buying more than I need with packets of brown rice for my little dogs, I have a drawer of the freezer full of them.
I also have at least a dozen bottles of Fairy Liquid when a £1 off, and don't even get me started on Andrex Quilted Toilet Rolls and Handwash in the Bathroom cupboard that I had to close with brute force to fit them in!

To my eternal shame, I am guilty too of forever buying more than I use in vegetables, which I guarantee some of which go in the food bin untouched every week. Yesterday I binned some red potatoes, a whole untouched packet of mushrooms and a whole swede and parsnip.

Sigh! "More money than Sense" my disapproving lovely mum would have said.

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top