Join for free
Page 62 of 164 « First < 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 72 112 162 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2021, 11:03 PM

Re: Covid-19 Vaccinations

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
Although I was born in the UK, within weeks I travelled with my family to West Africa as my Dad worked out there. When his contract ended, we came back to the UK for a few months, then back to West Africa. This yoyo lifestyle continued until I was ten.

I had SO many vaccinations - and most of them required revaccination within a prescribed number of years. Some were required by the country of entry!

All of these were entered into my Certificate of Vaccination Book supplied by the World Health Organisation and was always kept with my passport and always inspected by the relevant officials at borders.

WHY do apparently intelligent people not understand that having vaccinations and revaccinations is NOT new? WHY can't apparently intelligent people understand the need for this vaccination AND a way of recording it and other vaccinations too.

Just some of my vaccinations included:

Yellow Fever
Smallpox
Cholera
Typhoid
TB

To the best of my knowledge a vaccine was never prepared for Malaria (tablets) and Rabies injections were given as soon after infection as possible - so not as a precaution. There is now a rabies vaccination and if entering certain countries it is deemed essential.

The flu virus mutates - that's what virus' do - so vaccinations need to be changed to counteract the mutation. So we get a different flu vaccination every year depending on predicted mutation!

For goodness sake - AND for the sake of others - IF you want to lead a normal life you will need a vaccination............REGULARLY...............Get used to it!

My body, my choice Lindy.....
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2021, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
[/B]

Good point Foxy, but, who wants to be "Last Man Standing"?
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2021, 11:06 PM

[/B]

Well yes..............but........you never want to go abroad? If you should get Covid, do you expect the NHS to treat you?

For the greater good?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2021, 11:13 PM

Well yes..............but........you never want to go abroad? If you should get Covid, do you expect the NHS to treat you?

For the greater good?
Why wouldn't they treat me Lindy?
They treat smokers, the obese, junkies, alcoholics, all self inflicted, and it's not like I want to catch covid on purpose is it? Chances are I'll never catch it.....
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2021, 11:14 PM

You need all sorts of testing stuff to create the Data.

Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2021, 11:18 PM

Why wouldn't they treat me Lindy?
They treat smokers, the obese, junkies, alcoholics, all self inflicted, and it's not like I want to catch covid on purpose is it? Chances are I'll never catch it.....
Good point OGF, but a smoker never expects to get cancer, alcoholics never expect to get liver disease............you're being offered the chance NOT to get covid and you're not taking it! A preventative alternative is being offered..........
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2021, 11:23 PM

Good point OGF, but a smoker never expects to get cancer, alcoholics never expect to get liver disease............you're being offered the chance NOT to get covid and you're not taking it! A preventative alternative is being offered..........

I must say Lindy, I don't know Foxy's reasons if he doesn't want the vaccine, but I am sure he has them.

I do know that after having my first jab I was so ill I got carted off to hospital in an ambulance and was kept there for tests all day long.

Nothing was found, so the docs put it down to a severe bad reaction. I spent the next three days in bed with neighbours coming in to help with the animals.

So I can assure you I have very valid reason for being very, very wary of having any second jab.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

20-02-2021, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I must say Lindy, I don't know Foxy's reasons if he doesn't want the vaccine, but I am sure he has them.

I do know that after having my first jab I was so ill I got carted off to hospital in an ambulance and was kept there for tests all day long.

Nothing was found, so the docs put it down to a severe bad reaction. I spent the next three days in bed with neighbours coming in to help with the animals.

So I can assure you I have very valid reason for being very, very wary of having any second jab.

Second one should be a breeze, the body knows what to expect.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2021, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Second one should be a breeze, the body knows what to expect.

But what if it's not, Spitty?
You gonna come down and look after me?
Lindyloo
isle of wight

20-02-2021, 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->

I'm not a medical person but the numbers of people having bad reactions is tiny!

Sorry to hear you had such a bad reaction though............your doctor should be able to advise you about the second jab. Good luck with that.

Page 62 of 164 « First < 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 72 112 162 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top