Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2012, 04:53 PM

Moving to a new server tonight

Hi Guys,

Just a quick note to say I am moving the sites to a new server, and tonight I will be moving Over50sforum
(Catsey & YoP have already been moved).

It can take anything from 2 to 48 hours for ISPs to pick up the new DNS changes, and so for that time there will effectively be 2 versions of the site floating around the web here's how to tell whether you are on the new or old server...

How to tell if you're on the new server

When on the new server everything *should* seem normal - the site will be open and you can post as normal

How to tell if you're on the old server

The site will be closed and a notice will show, saying the site is being moved to a new server.

Sometimes you might jump from new to old

And vice versa. This is normal as your ISP has to update the DNS for each of its IPs, and so sometimes you will be on the new site and sometimes you end up on the old - this is normal, and may not even happen. If it does it should not last more than 48 hours.

Ok I think that's it... see you on the other side

(I'll start the move between 9pm and midnight - hopefully by the morning it should all be back to normal.)
Chippy
Yorkshire UK
Chippy is male  Chippy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2012, 05:50 PM

Re: Moving to a new server tonight

Thanks for the head's up Azz, runs off to pack>>>>>>>>
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2012, 06:34 PM

Az, make sure you don't lose us in Space!

I would hate to think of our dear Annie getting worried!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2012, 06:41 PM

We have been here before haven't we Azz
See you on the other side...
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2012, 06:53 PM

Cyberspace here we come, beam me up Scotty....
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2012, 06:58 PM

Lol stoppit guys Catsey seems to have gone through quite smoothly, as I keep getting the new server... but with YoP I keep getting chucked from new to old but it's beginning to settle down now

If I get time I might start the Over50sF move early... so don't be too surprised if you get the 'we are moving' sign before 9 pm lol
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2012, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Lol stoppit guys Catsey seems to have gone through quite smoothly, as I keep getting the new server... but with YoP I keep getting chucked from new to old but it's beginning to settle down now

If I get time I might start the Over50sF move early... so don't be too surprised if you get the 'we are moving' sign before 9 pm lol

Do we all have to have an early night then, Az?
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK

17-04-2012, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Do we all have to have an early night then, Az?
Not for me

I will try to leave it as late as possible if I can

Sometimes it can happen really fast mind, with Catsey, it changed within 10 minutes which was scary (although it will be different for everyone depending on their ISP).
Chippy
Yorkshire UK
Chippy is male  Chippy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2012, 08:29 PM

Do you have an IP address for those of us that are impatient?
Chippy
Yorkshire UK

17-04-2012, 08:30 PM

I see your last move was from GoDaddy, cant blame you for that

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top