Join for free
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2019, 10:10 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Excellent RJ.
Then again she could have been "Eaten in Ethiopia" as was Miss Marple's Aunt who was a missionary there in the 1930's.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2019, 10:12 PM

spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2019, 10:14 PM

I still try to force a square peg into a round hole, tell Sweetie on my behalf.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2019, 10:18 PM

Aunt Phythians fame spread far and wide.

Below is a piece from GRANSNET, whatever that is

Just to put you in the picture, our dear Aunt Phythian will be 100 years of age next month.
She has not enjoyed good health in recent years .
This is due to a rare bronchial reaction to mites.
We think she picked them up from the exhibition long haired Angora rabbits which she kept for so many years. Many of us still have Tam O Shanters made by her with hand spun wool from the spinning wheel of her older sister Agnes .
Her life has been one of unselfish service to the community.
Made even more worthy of congratulations when you consider she had to bring up 17 children, on her own.
7 of them after the early and unfortunate death of her beloved husband Will.
As president and life member of the FARNHAM FAREHAM & FULHAM rabbit club she was an enthusiastic supporter
Always full of fun, she reacted with typical pragmatism when her hair fell out during the war.
The simple answer was typical of her no nonsense attitude to life. She simply trained long haired Peruvian guinea pigs to sit motionless on her head.
No one spotted this harmless deception and you have to give her credit for stopping when she discovered her pets suffered from vertigo.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2019, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
What about the small print?
the devil is in the detail Paul.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK

04-04-2019, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
Is this relevant?
That was jolly rude of me my chum.
I was thinking logically, something which us oldsters abandoned in 2012.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2019, 07:27 AM

That was jolly rude of me my chum.
I was thinking logically, something which us oldsters abandoned in 2012.

One can never stop thinking logically old chap. One just has to accept the parameters on which the logic is based, get updated, once in a while.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2019, 04:36 AM

Ah-I see a bit of a competition has emerged,in which the provider of the longest multisyllabic single word is presented with a pair of Sweetie's laciest knic...er...gloves. Yes-I meant gloves! Honest!

Ok...so,I present you with ''Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia'' which is a medical term for a certain condition and is a word I learned by heart at the age of just twelve summers. To this day,I have no rational explanation why,other than,the word fascinated my young mind....
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK

06-04-2019, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Pug ->
Ah-I see a bit of a competition has emerged,in which the provider of the longest multisyllabic single word is presented with a pair of Sweetie's laciest knic...er...gloves. Yes-I meant gloves! Honest!

Ok...so,I present you with ''Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia'' which is a medical term for a certain condition and is a word I learned by heart at the age of just twelve summers. To this day,I have no rational explanation why,other than,the word fascinated my young mind....
Twelve summers eh?
Precocious little bugga weren't you!

Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia.

Thanks for that word Pugster, me lad, its priceless.

Save us all from having to google it & shock with the actual meaning SVP

Oh and , this predeliction towards ladies undies reminds me of that irascible journalist and general misery, John Junor (sic)
quote PASS THE SICK BAG ALICE unquote
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2019, 12:00 PM

Twelve summers eh?
Precocious little bugga weren't you!

Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia.

Thanks for that word Pugster, me lad, its priceless.

Save us all from having to google it & shock with the actual meaning SVP

Oh and , this predeliction towards ladies undies reminds me of that irascible journalist and general misery, John Junor (sic)
quote PASS THE SICK BAG ALICE unquote
Robert be a devil and chuck pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis into the ring. That should cause social phobia or a fit of coughing at least

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top