Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2018, 01:10 PM

Toys R Us goes into administration

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-43225248

Most kids these days, even from a young age, seem spend most of their time playing virtual games, so I guess toys no longer play a big part in their lives.
Adanac
canada
Adanac is female  Adanac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2018, 01:30 PM

Re: Toys R Us goes into administration

They filed for bankruptcy here quite some time ago. Their prices were much higher than Walmart or Costco.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2018, 01:34 PM

It seems Maplins are in trouble too.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2018, 01:35 PM

They priced themselves out of the market. If I can buy same toy or doll for £10 on Amazon but £25 in toysrus I know which one I buy.

They also here at least destroyed their shopping experience by their stupid rules, only one child per adult allowed in, no shopping bags you have to leave them at entrance way with no security provided. Trolleys are filthy so people don't want to touch them.

They killed themselves IMO
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2018, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
They priced themselves out of the market. If I can buy same toy or doll for £10 on Amazon but £25 in toysrus I know which one I buy.

They also here at least destroyed their shopping experience by their stupid rules, only one child per adult allowed in, no shopping bags you have to leave them at entrance way with no security provided. Trolleys are filthy so people don't want to touch them.

Really? Only one child per adult allowed in?
That is awful. What if you have three or more children and have to choose who goes in first?
What do you do with the other children? Leave them in the car?
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2018, 01:42 PM

For a toy store it isn't very child friendly 😂😂😂
Not surprised they are closing.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2018, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Most kids these days, even from a young age, seem spend most of their time playing virtual games, so I guess toys no longer play a big part in their lives.
Toys play a big part in my grandchildren's lives.
For Christmas they requested a board game, they already have the usual ones snakes and ladders etc also Scrabble so I bought 'Labyrinth' which is great for all ages.
The 2x7 and 1x6 all play chess well enough to give me a game.

When they come here one of their favourite things is a huge box of assorted bricks I bought off Ebay for £1:50

They all like lego a lot too.

I think many people buy toys online from Amazon where they can study the reviews, I know I do.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2018, 01:45 PM

Questions we all asked arti, no coherent answer though.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2018, 01:45 PM

Never liked ToysRUs. Remember one opening at Purley Way when the kids were young and heading down thinking I'd get their pressie in there one Christmas. Came out empty handed. Way way more expensive then anywhere else even back then
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2018, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->

Really? WOW. They never used to be like that when my two were young, they loved it in there and no trip to the town was complete for them without a nosey to see what was new. Problem I had back then was getting them out again. Shame they turned unfriendly, but I suppose there was a lot of stealing going on, and it was self protection.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top