Join for free
Page 154 of 276 « First < 54 104 144 152 153 154 155 156 164 204 254 > Last »
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2018, 07:50 PM

Re: I've had my chest x-ray

I heard a talk by an AA member once who was in his late 70s. His biggest regret, he said, was that he had worried too much in his life.

It's hard not to at times but I think it's good advice. Also good is to try something new if not every day then from time to time. It could be as simple as trying a new food for the first time or putting the time aside to listen to some music you've never heard or trying a new book. I think we tend to get stuck in our ways as we get older.

I got complimented on my orange and yellow trim phone today by the Tesco delivery man which made me happy as others have said they hate it lol. Straight out of 1975.

Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2018, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I heard a talk by an AA member once who was in his late 70s. His biggest regret, he said, was that he had worried too much in his life.

It's hard not to at times but I think it's good advice. Also good is to try something new if not every day then from time to time. It could be as simple as trying a new food for the first time or putting the time aside to listen to some music you've never heard or trying a new book. I think we tend to get stuck in our ways as we get older.

I got complimented on my orange and yellow trim phone today by the Tesco delivery man which made me happy as others have said they hate it lol.
Simple pleasures Dreamy, they are the best.
I tried a Bulgarian breakfast, it was really French toast with cherry jam Trouble was, I broke part of a tooth as one of the cherries had a stone in it!
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2018, 07:59 PM

Poor you. I had a tooth crumble a few weeks ago as I was eating almonds.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2018, 08:07 PM

Poor you. I had a tooth crumble a few weeks ago as I was eating almonds.
It has been sorted today, not as bad as I thought.
Just spotted the pic of your funky phone - Love it.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2018, 11:49 PM

I got complimented on my orange and yellow trim phone today by the Tesco delivery man which made me happy as others have said they hate it lol. Straight out of 1975.

Ffosse based on some of the pics you have posted you have impeccably cool taste in such things. The beautiful lamp, the watches. You should set up a site and sell similar objects or at the least instagram it to inspire others.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2018, 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Simple pleasures Dreamy, they are the best.
I tried a Bulgarian breakfast, it was really French toast with cherry jam Trouble was, I broke part of a tooth as one of the cherries had a stone in it!
Oh no! That's so unlucky. But the breakfast sounds yummy. Was it the french toast that is coated in eggs and fried?
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

26-10-2018, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Oh no! That's so unlucky. But the breakfast sounds yummy. Was it the french toast that is coated in eggs and fried?
It was Annie. It was a shame about the black cherry jam, but in all honesty, they went well together, something I would not have thought of. Sweet and sour - it works.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

27-10-2018, 05:39 PM

I hope you are OK Dreamy. X
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

29-10-2018, 04:34 PM

I'm fine. Yesterday I went to bed at 6pm as I was knackered. I awoke at 10pm and spent the rest of the night listening to podcasts. I must have drifted off again at around 5 as I woke up at 9.

I'm eating well but still not getting out much due to the panic attacks/laziness. I next see the Consultant in December and I hope that my condition has improved by then. I'll only have to give a blood test and meanwhile I'll continue with the injections every 2 months.

I'm not unhappy...just a little gloomy as the evenings are darker now. It's only 3:35 but soon I will have to put the lights on.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

29-10-2018, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Ffosse based on some of the pics you have posted you have impeccably cool taste in such things. The beautiful lamp, the watches. You should set up a site and sell similar objects or at the least instagram it to inspire others.
I might give instagram a go as I like photos and will be interested to see what others have posted. I don't really do social media beyond forums, though.

Page 154 of 276 « First < 54 104 144 152 153 154 155 156 164 204 254 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top