Join for free
Page 8 of 15 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2019, 06:26 PM

Re: Shop lifting.

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Art,the lady in question....died at quite a young age..in her 50s...she was found dead on the floor...by a carer...asthma attack I believe.
Pauline, Are you sure? Or are you referring to your client that you cared for?
As far as I know, Lady Barnett took an overdose of painkillers and electrocuted herself whilst in the bath. She was 62..
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2019, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->

What doesn't help is the reluctance by the police in many parts of the country to even bother taking any action if the value of goods found to be less than a couple of hundred quid.

This IMO,is true...my son used to work in retail..he said exactly the same as you....
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2019, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Pauline, Are you sure? Or are you referring to your client that you cared for?
As far as I know Lady Barnett took an overdose of painkillers and electrocuted herself whilst in the bath. She was 62..
Sorry Art....I meant our service user...
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2019, 07:09 PM

I was talking shoplifting..
As was I. The shoplifter shoplifted a bottle of Vodka.
I don't know how the detector detected it - but it did.
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2019, 07:17 PM

I have had a number of relatives work in retail shops over the years and one thing that was common place in the 70's, 80's and early 90's was that if the shop suffered from persistent shoplifters, they were banned from the shop and a small Polaroid photo of them taken from the CCTV system was kept on a wall behind the cashier so they knew who to stop from entering the shop/store.

I believe everything changed when laws were introduced to protect peoples privacy and data which meant shops were no longer allowed to carry on the practice of keeping a picture of someone banned from the shop.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2019, 08:22 PM

I was talking shoplifting...as I said she was a prolific shoplifter in Sainsburys ,they banned her...she would have been well recognised.

I have explained to you further up the thread...detectors are only on certain items...they don't have any in Lidl or Wilko ..how would you put a detector on a frozen chicken?..
Very simple. The detector is on the portal to the shop, the RFID chip is a very cheap stick on thing that's hardly noticeable and now can be included in modern labeling. This is not rocket science, even the moderately cognitively challenged understand it and use freezer bags lined with cooking foil to defeat the system.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2019, 08:24 PM

True...but I used to care for a lady...I was a home carer...we learnt not to take money into her house,as while we were preparing her meal in the kitchen...she would search our coat pockets,when we hung the coats up on arrival.

She was also a prolific thief..who targeted Sainsburys ...they banned her...how that works,I have no idea.....we don't need thieves in our shops.
Sounds like she was a head-the-ball. Looney Tunes rather than a crim.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

19-10-2019, 08:36 PM

Very simple. The detector is on the portal to the shop, the RFID chip is a very cheap stick on thing that's hardly noticeable and now can be included in modern labeling. This is not rocket science, even the moderately cognitively challenged understand it and use freezer bags lined with cooking foil to defeat the system.

No it's not that simple...they are walking out of supermarkets with their pram trolley full..with out paying.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

19-10-2019, 08:38 PM

Sounds like she was a head-the-ball. Looney Tunes rather than a crim.

I would rather not pass judgement..on a lady with mental health problems....that's if you are talking about our service user.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

19-10-2019, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
I have had a number of relatives work in retail shops over the years and one thing that was common place in the 70's, 80's and early 90's was that if the shop suffered from persistent shoplifters, they were banned from the shop and a small Polaroid photo of them taken from the CCTV system was kept on a wall behind the cashier so they knew who to stop from entering the shop/store.

I believe everything changed when laws were introduced to protect peoples privacy and data which meant shops were no longer allowed to carry on the practice of keeping a picture of someone banned from the shop.

Dodge...if you ever shop in Lidl...you will see what I mean...maybe not in every store..but certainly the one I frequent....mothers with a shopping tray under their pushchair ,they help themselves,put it on the tray,then walk out without paying for it.

Page 8 of 15 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top