Join for free
Page 10 of 34 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 20 > Last »
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2015, 04:25 PM

Re: Cliff Richard

It's nice to see someone from the Cliff Danish Appreciation Society. Yes, I hope he is innocent, but not one of us know that yet. I was surprised at Rolf Harris. Jimmy Saville - I always thought he was creepy. Cliff, the Peter Pan of Pop, will have to justify himself like the rest of them. First port of call is making sure none of the so called "victims" are lying. If they are, then it's despicable. If not then I cannot support anyone unless I know they've been proven innocent of sexual abuse.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2015, 04:28 PM

I like to support anyone until they are proved guilty other wise innocent men and women stand alone.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2015, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I am not so sure, there has to be a cut off at some point we have people suing Saville after his death, not saying they shouldn't have compensation or weren't hurt but people must come forward in some sort of timely manner.
They did ! Got them nowhere
Will be a different story in the future though due to these brave people
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2015, 04:36 PM

As I've said, hopefully he will be innocent. Hopefully there would not have been any more victims of abuse.
sparrowbjn
Europe
sparrowbjn is female 

04-03-2015, 05:36 PM

Thanks for your warm welcome!!
Oh, you are so funny. Hillarious!!....lol - true - I bet there will come a total of 12 or more alleged victims - it was the same with the rest I mentioned - I guess you will have to include their names in my new company name!! The same applies for them. One thing I cannot understand - there are celebrities I find rather repulsive, creepy etc - and if they were accused of a sex crime I would notice it - but some people - not anyone of you rest assured of that - but on the Internet reach some kind of satisfaction within the feeling of glee - or "I told you so"...I would not bother to do that - it is equally disgusting as supporting the wrong "party". Why? Well, I wish I were a Psychologist.

Go after a man if he is alive - once you are dead you are dead - unless you can defend yourself from the grave - and you cannot do that. Still, nice to know that there is money in his estate. I only know Saville from TOTP.

However, if it was a murder then you have to investigate it - even if the person is dead, but then you do have some kind of EVIDENCE to support your case.

I am disgusted at how the whold business with Yewtree have become judgemental above all - all the names I mentioned above were being called all kinds of names - and not many spoke up for them. Donīt the UK believe in innonce until proven guilty - it was as if they should prove that the didnīt do it. You CANNOT do that after 30 years. Well, Cliff might be able to since Billy Grahamīs security people made sure that Cliff and the rest were safe in one place (he was scared of women accusing him of rape, true!!)...maybe a bit of paranoia - and curiosity would be the solution
sparrowbjn
Europe
sparrowbjn is female 

04-03-2015, 05:44 PM

..Then again maybe you should just go on with the Saville revellation - I am NOT defending a person like him - merely the principle of defending yourself. OK?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2015, 05:45 PM

There are still some of us who are sceptical it's not the entire country gone mad !
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2015, 05:51 PM

There would seem to be some who would prefer to put their fingers in their ears go La la la in a loud voice and pretend nothing bad was ever done to children/young persons by famous people.
2wheeler
Lincolnshire
2wheeler is male  2wheeler has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2015, 05:54 PM

Strange how many people misspell Savile. The clue is in the īvileībit...
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2015, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by sparrowbjn ->
Thanks for your warm welcome!!
Oh, you are so funny. Hillarious!!....lol - true - I bet there will come a total of 12 or more alleged victims - it was the same with the rest I mentioned - I guess you will have to include their names in my new company name!! The same applies for them. One thing I cannot understand - there are celebrities I find rather repulsive, creepy etc - and if they were accused of a sex crime I would notice it - but some people - not anyone of you rest assured of that - but on the Internet reach some kind of satisfaction within the feeling of glee - or "I told you so"...I would not bother to do that - it is equally disgusting as supporting the wrong "party". Why? Well, I wish I were a Psychologist.

Go after a man if he is alive - once you are dead you are dead - unless you can defend yourself from the grave - and you cannot do that. Still, nice to know that there is money in his estate. I only know Saville from TOTP.

However, if it was a murder then you have to investigate it - even if the person is dead, but then you do have some kind of EVIDENCE to support your case.

I am disgusted at how the whold business with Yewtree have become judgemental above all - all the names I mentioned above were being called all kinds of names - and not many spoke up for them. Donīt the UK believe in innonce until proven guilty - it was as if they should prove that the didnīt do it. You CANNOT do that after 30 years. Well, Cliff might be able to since Billy Grahamīs security people made sure that Cliff and the rest were safe in one place (he was scared of women accusing him of rape, true!!)...maybe a bit of paranoia - and curiosity would be the solution
Well you seem to have it all sewn up don't you, don't expect me to follow your lead though - because to me you are judgemental if people disagree with you - for one thing I find the word 'glee' very disturbing when it comes to rape and abuse. There's no satisfaction in someone's hurt - OK ......

Page 10 of 34 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 20 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top