Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2015, 11:43 PM

Re: Trying to terminate a phone call when you're coughing!

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Yeah but no but yeah but...

She's a neighbour I talk to frequently. We always discuss issues here...the parking by church members, the bin shed area, our respective noisy neighbours, fellow neighbours who like to have a moan and whinge but don't follow it through with official channels, whether we could sell our flats/let our flats.

The same stuff, all the time. I'm muttering 'yeah, mmm, yeah, I don't know, mmmm...'

And she still wouldn't take the hint and p!$$ off!

I'm afraid you're more polite than me Jazzi.
I rarely get colds, but caught a beauty just over a week ago and spent a couple of days feeling really unwell. Shivering, temperature up, coughing and sneezing, throat on fire - the lot.
Somebody phoned me when I felt that bad, and I just said "Sorry, I feel absolutely lousy, I can't talk right now."
When she carried on talking, I just said "Sorry, gotta go" - and did.
It would have been foolish to carry on when my throat was so painful it hurt to speak.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2015, 11:53 PM

I have caller ID so if I dont feel like chatting I just let it go to answerphone.

Except when mum phones on Sunday, I know its a least an hour call even if I have heard it all before but its mum so it doesnt matter
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2015, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I'm afraid you're more polite than me Jazzi.
I rarely get colds, but caught a beauty just over a week ago and spent a couple of days feeling really unwell. Shivering, temperature up, coughing and sneezing, throat on fire - the lot.
Somebody phoned me when I felt that bad, and I just said "Sorry, I feel absolutely lousy, I can't talk right now."
When she carried on talking, I just said "Sorry, gotta go" - and did.
It would have been foolish to carry on when my throat was so painful it hurt to speak.

So it's a nationwide problem. I wish I could be that abrupt but I need all the friends I can get (and keep) right now!

The only time I can really terminate a call is when I am coughing so much it chokes me and it's nigh on impossible to keep on speaking. That's how it was back in November, (when I couldn't talk and breathe at the same time) but I seem to remember callers still kept me on the line!!! What a sadistic lot of friends I seem to have...
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2015, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
It’s a good job my missus wasn’t on the end of your line Jazzi, she wouldn’t let you go if you were waiting for the last rites, one thing leads to another with her, it’s like a perpetual chain “And do you remember our sour faced School Teacher, well I bumped into her today and she said she was talking to that very shy girl we had in the class, oh what was her name now… on and on. I very seldom answer the phone ‘cos it’s never for me, and if it's one of her mates and they are persistently ringing and I pick it up I'm stuck there talking bullshit until I say something like "Oh Christ, I left the blowtorch on in the shed, must hurry out now, see ya"

I hope you get well real soon.
Jem, that was funny
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2015, 03:00 PM

That's why I'm glad only two people know my home phone number. If it's my mobile then I can instantly see who it is and choose whether or not to answer it

Hope you feel better Jazzi
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2015, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
So it's a nationwide problem. I wish I could be that abrupt but I need all the friends I can get (and keep) right now!

The only time I can really terminate a call is when I am coughing so much it chokes me and it's nigh on impossible to keep on speaking. That's how it was back in November, (when I couldn't talk and breathe at the same time) but I seem to remember callers still kept me on the line!!! What a sadistic lot of friends I seem to have...

What part of "Sorry, I feel lousy" don't some people understand?
I'm sure you wouldn't just ignore someone who was ill and just keep prattling on Jazzi, I know I wouldn't. So why do they? Just plain thoughtless if you ask me.
Hope you're o.k. now gal.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2015, 09:01 PM

Thanks myra and mups. Still coughing but went out for some allotment air this afternoon.
2wheeler
Lincolnshire
2wheeler is male  2wheeler has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2015, 12:11 PM

Puzzles me what folk have to talk about on the phone - I´ve run out of things to say after the first ten minutes....

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top