Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2015, 10:23 AM

Re: Friends Reunited

I was a member for years and originally used it to contact people from my old grammar school. It had some quite interesting forums too.

The site also had some deep seated problems the not least of which was that their programmers were absolutely useless. They didn't even test changes they made on browsers other than IE.

Then came the change of owners and a complete change of direction which was very much for the worse as far as I was concerned, shortly after which I discovered this forum with its excellent software so I deleted my profile and haven't been back.

Interesting to hear how it has faired, I thought it was heading toward oblivion or at least in the same direction as Myspace and AltaVista but apparently not.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2015, 10:56 AM

Really interesting posts - Always wanted to join it, but only last 2 years had a computer.
Yesterday, I thought, now I can look at it if its still there, so I thought I'd ask what to expect, its a shame its gone bad - I won't bother with it ...
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2015, 03:03 PM

FR at first was great fun-I caught up with so many people if only to say hello I see you are still alive then.

From this shy little boy who studied Latin and Greek and became a Proff at Cambridge to those from the secondary mod who remembered the happy days at the youth club circuit.

But it served it`s time I guess-a brief look back but it was a long time ago.
2wheeler
Lincolnshire
2wheeler is male  2wheeler has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2015, 09:23 AM

Tried it yesterday, but it won´t work on Linux. Seems to have lost the plot completely.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2015, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by 2wheeler ->
Tried it yesterday, but it won´t work on Linux. Seems to have lost the plot completely.
You'd have to laugh if it wasn't so pathetic, they really are the worst bunch of programmers ever to sit behind a computer. How they have remained employed is beyond me.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2015, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Did join it a long time ago, and as far as i can remember only came across one person i knew. Disappointed so never pursued it further. Probably just as well would only end up jealous of how they all turned out.
That's how I felt when I heard through FR that our school year were having a reunion! At the time I couldn't drive, couldn't work and was getting over my second marriage break up so didn't want to show myself up. Then I saw a "class photo" someone took and wished I'd gone! One girl actually looked like Maggie Thatcher!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2015, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
That's how I felt when I heard through FR that our school year were having a reunion! At the time I couldn't drive, couldn't work and was getting over my second marriage break up so didn't want to show myself up. Then I saw a "class photo" someone took and wished I'd gone! One girl actually looked like Maggie Thatcher!
Poor gal

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top