Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Boots
Dorset UK
Boots is female  Boots has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2015, 04:51 PM

Cat poo in garden

Does anyone know of anything we can do to stop a neighbour's cat from doing its business in our flower bed in the front garden (short of shooting it!) We have had cats in the past but ours used to stay in our garden and we just had to put up with it. We have also had neighbours whose cats were kept in at night and used dirt trays and so did not mess in our garden. Even when we had a dog, the b****y cat still used to use our garden. Currently we have covered almost all of the flower bed in bits of holly, and other prickly things, but it still manages to find a corner to find a small place. We have bulbs coming up and other plants to put it and do not want it all ruined. No point in saying anything to the neighbours in question as they work at night and so are not there.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2015, 05:12 PM

Re: Cat poo in garden

It thinks your garden is theirs that's why it keeps coming back.
Do you see it actually coming in? You can shoot it with a water
pistol or put a smell of a dog in it. Might mean putting a piece of
dog pooh in it or getting a friends dog to put its smell around.
Or put orange peel and flesh around where it normally goes
If not you could tell your neighbours and say can they keep an eye
on it and put a cat litter tray in their house.
I have cats and they go in the litter tray and just have a wee in my
garden. You can train cats like that but if they don't know you
are having a problem they cant do anything about it.
Costs me a fortune in cat litter but I don't have neighbours
complaining my cats are in their garden.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2015, 05:38 PM

We had this problem a few years ago, tried the holly, plastic bottles and orange peel none of them worked. I heard of a product called Silent Roar, it contains lion poo and the theory is the offending cats realise there is a much bigger cat around so move on somewhere else!
We had more success with this, there were 4 cats next door at the time..
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2015, 05:38 PM

Scoop it up on a trowel and post it through their letterbox with a note saying "This belongs to you." Keep doing it until they get the message. If they don't get the message keep a handy collection of bricks close by to throw at the cat.

Cats are nothing but a bloody nuisance. If someone took their dog into their cat-owning neighbour's garden and let it sh*t wherever it wanted to the inconsiderate neighbours would be screaming blue murder.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2015, 06:12 PM

Think yourself lucky, next door could have had an elephant as a pet
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2015, 06:28 PM

You could try getting a cat of your own and train it to sh*t in your neighbours garden.....see how they like it.
2wheeler
Lincolnshire
2wheeler is male  2wheeler has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2015, 09:33 AM

This old chestnut keeps coming up time after time. The fact is most cat owners just donīt give a damn where their cat goes, as long as it isnīt on their patch. Scattering male urine can be quite effective, but needs to be replenished frequently. Fortunately I have a steady supply...
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2015, 09:40 AM

I've said this before elsewhere. Catch it in something like a possum trap and take it to the animal pound. After your neighbours have paid to retrieve their animal a couple of times they will be more careful where they let it wander.

I caught a rabbit once, it was delicious.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2015, 11:06 AM

Go to the cat owner and explain that your loo is blocked-the plumber is around so it will just be this once.

Use said loo,forget to flush and leave the seat up.

I don`t have a lot of friends
Boots
Dorset UK
Boots is female  Boots has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2015, 04:23 PM

Thanks for your suggestions. The cat knows we hate it so is rarely around in the day time when we could perhaps put the hose on it or something. We do from time to time put the poo in next doors garden, but I don't think it makes any difference to them if you see the state of their garden. The cat normally comes into the garden in the night as they will not keep it indoors at all. It stays out 24 hours a day I think from what she said once. Will see if I can find the lion stuff to scare it away. The little b****r has been known to do its business on the lawn if it cannot get on to the flower bed. If it ever came into our back garden I think it could well be seriously hurt - nuff said.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top