Join for free
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2015, 12:33 PM

Ukip

had their leaflet the other day arrive on the doorstep. In it there is nothing for savers or OAP's ,so I shall forget the rest of
what they say they intend to do and vote for another party.
They lost my vote straight away
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2015, 12:35 PM

Re: Ukip

I have always voted for what is best for the country I think voting for what is best for me would be a bit short sighted, but that's just me I suppose.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2015, 12:41 PM

I always voted for one party before but now I am more ready to take on board what other parties say? they intend to do.

As you get older you have given any party, whoever you vote for, the chance to put the country right and all failed miserably. So now it is time to choose what is best for me.
Being 70 years old next month I am looking to what I want not what any party wants me to have
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2015, 01:11 PM

I don't think such a utopia as a country without problems exists, it's just the ratio of the Haves and have not's that is haggled over.
2wheeler
Lincolnshire
2wheeler is male  2wheeler has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2015, 04:51 PM

The more I see of them on TV the less inclined I am to vote for them. They really are a strange collection, with only Farage making any sort of sense. Shame as it would have been a handy protest vote.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2015, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I have always voted for what is best for the country I think voting for what is best for me would be a bit short sighted, but that's just me I suppose.
You must be the only person in the country who does that

You only have to look at all the bribes being dangled in front of voters eyes to see that for the vast majority it's me, ME, ME
seacroft
york
seacroft is male  seacroft has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2015, 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by Losos ->
You must be the only person in the country who does that

You only have to look at all the bribes being dangled in front of voters eyes to see that for the vast majority it's me, ME, ME
Why not emigrate to say North Korea then you will not be allowed to think or say anything.

People like you make me sick.
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2015, 10:09 AM

The truth of it is that majority of people will vote for what they think will affect them directly and what will affect their purse directly.
Politicians know that and that is how they aim their canvassing.
How many times do you hear people complain ......we were promised but we never got, the lesson is, don't base anything on promises, base it on your own common sense and get informed about a party as a whole. There is usually a lot to be learned which isn't there in pre election speeches.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2015, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
But surely Julie people have differing opinions on 'what is best for the country' we are not all the same .
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2015, 10:36 AM

But there are different parties who want different things so you pick what you think is best I presume according to what you feel the country needs.
I'm just speaking for myself here Meg.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top