Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2015, 10:39 AM

Abuse ignored yet again

I saw the report on this a couple of nights ago, itīs dreadful and I really fail to understand why certain authorities who ignored this are not immediately fired. No doubt the excuses will be made and nobody will lose their job.

http://www.itv.com/news/2015-03-03/r...cial-services/
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2015, 10:45 AM

Re: Abuse ignored yet again

This is clearly going on all over the country, I was talking to someone here yesterday and he said he knows men doing this in our community too.
What can be done I am not sure, we can't really sack everyone concerned which is my first thought can we ?
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2015, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
This is clearly going on all over the country, I was talking to someone here yesterday and he said he knows men doing this in our community too.
What can be done I am not sure, we can't really sack everyone concerned which is my first thought can we ?
Difficult Julie, but those at the top of the tree should be sacked and replaced with people who are not afraid to do the job they are supposedly paid to do. That job means they should ensure that their staff should also be doing their jobs properly, no excuses and no sweeping things under the carpet.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2015, 11:08 AM

It shows that more care should be taken in care homes.
What a bad name for one when it seems no CARE was taken
for the welfare of these kids.
Just because a child is gobby, and thinks they know everything
it is as a adult we should know that this cant be true.
If parents were telling them this was happening the lack of care
there was terrible. About time someone did do something about it.
A new way of supporting these kids is a definite move . What I don't
know but hope someone comes up with something soon.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2015, 11:40 AM

Some of the problem is many children in care are highly sexualised because they have been taken from abusive situations in their own family. I know a couple locally who adopted such a child and nothing they did could stop her seeking sex from about the age of 11, it was a disaster the girl constantly made lewd remarks and came on to the husband, in the end they had no choice but to admit they couldn't cope and the girl went back into care at 15.

I think we need a different way and the children need to be reconditioned in some way so the early abuse doesn't make them vulnerable to the terrible men who abuse them.

Social services are not the place for them or in any way set up to cope with them.

The same happens when children are abused physically they often grow to be our most violent people in society.

We have to break the circle of abuse.
AlbertaS
Berkshire, UK
AlbertaS is female  AlbertaS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2015, 12:14 PM

Unless the authorities who were directly involved with the abuse face the consequences of not doing their job as it should be done, I cannot see the problem of neglect being resolved.
If people did in fact know that these girls and some boys who were in care were being abused, they should be sacked and never be able to do this type of work again. I feel strongly enough about this to even think that some who
treated these kids as though they had no worth as they were in some cases problem children, should maybe face criminal charges themselves.

As usual we will probably hear the usual rolled out answer that lessons will be learned. One of the most insincere apologies ever that everyone uses.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2015, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
Difficult Julie, but those at the top of the tree should be sacked and replaced with people who are not afraid to do the job they are supposedly paid to do. That job means they should ensure that their staff should also be doing their jobs properly, no excuses and no sweeping things under the carpet.
Definitely. If the top of the tree were doing the job they were supposed to be doing, then there would be no chance of neglect. They would be keeping an eagle eye on everything. Weak management yet again, letting others be abused.

Child abuse in this country seems to be getting completely out of hand. God knows what goes on that we don't yet know about. Paedophile rings, peadophile celebrities, peadophile internet sites. It's so depressing.
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2015, 12:37 PM

It is tempting to see conspiracy theories, but in these sorts of cases it seems to fit --

The BBC; Rochdale, including Cyril Smith & childrens' homes; Rotheram; North Wales; Parliament; Jimmy Saville and the NHS; now Oxford. I think there were incidents in Manchester, Sheffield & Bristol as well; there have been so many I lose track.
I have no doubt others will come to light in the future

All these show the same pattern of indifference, lack of interest, losing reports, curtailing and supressing of inquires, secrecy and closing ranks; and not just a few individuals or even one department; it included police, social services, councils, and so on.

The abuse was so widespread, lasted so long, and virtually unchallenged that I cannot believe that there was not some sort of network or at the least, common knowledge among those at the top, where there was an unwritten rule or gentleman's agreement in The Establishment that no-one would speak up.

While we're at it, I include the failure of various social services to deal with child abuse & neglect which resulted in deaths, and of hospitals to deal with poor performance & incompetence

I am left with the feeling of disillusionment, cynicism and that there was one rule for those at the top, and they didn't give a damn about the rest of us

No doubt there will be a report or two to add to the rest, with the same sort of recommendations which we've heard before, and are obvious to anyone with any sense.

In many instances, neighbours and even the children's friends, 9 & 10 year olds, reported a problem, but nothing was done. I remember a comment by one woman after a toddler died through abuse & neglect; " You run out of people to phone".

And no doubt all those people will keep their important job titles and high salaries, then proceed to do nothing

And one final word. If I hear another middle class bitch trotting out phrases like "systems in place"; "robust procedures"; and "lessons learned", I think I shall puke.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2015, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
It is tempting to see conspiracy theories, but in these sorts of cases it seems to fit --

The BBC; Rochdale, including Cyril Smith & childrens' homes; Rotheram; North Wales; Parliament; Jimmy Saville and the NHS; now Oxford. I think there were incidents in Manchester, Sheffield & Bristol as well; there have been so many I lose track.
I have no doubt others will come to light in the future

All these show the same pattern of indifference, lack of interest, losing reports, curtailing and supressing of inquires, secrecy and closing ranks; and not just a few individuals or even one department; it included police, social services, councils, and so on.

The abuse was so widespread, lasted so long, and virtually unchallenged that I cannot believe that there was not some sort of network or at the least, common knowledge among those at the top, where there was an unwritten rule or gentleman's agreement in The Establishment that no-one would speak up.

While we're at it, I include the failure of various social services to deal with child abuse & neglect which resulted in deaths, and of hospitals to deal with poor performance & incompetence

I am left with the feeling of disillusionment, cynicism and that there was one rule for those at the top, and they didn't give a damn about the rest of us

No doubt there will be a report or two to add to the rest, with the same sort of recommendations which we've heard before, and are obvious to anyone with any sense.

In many instances, neighbours and even the children's friends, 9 & 10 year olds, reported a problem, but nothing was done. I remember a comment by one woman after a toddler died through abuse & neglect; " You run out of people to phone".

And no doubt all those people will keep their important job titles and high salaries, then proceed to do nothing

And one final word. If I hear another middle class bitch trotting out phrases like "systems in place"; "robust procedures"; and "lessons learned", I think I shall puke.
What a frank, profound post. I applaude you ZD.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2015, 12:59 PM

But let us not blame the troops-it`s the bosses at fault. Go back to the late 70s in Yorkshire. Cops were looking for the Ripper not organised abuse.

Some eejit gets a tape and says it must be true-wrong.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top