Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2015, 01:57 PM

autobiography

I watched Michelle Mone, entrepreneur, doing I interviewed on breakfast tv. this morning. She was advertising her book, out tomorrow, and says it very frank and honest. About building her business, drinking 2 bottles of wine a night, losing seven and a half stones, her break up with her husband. Interesting read I thought. Then when you Google it it has her ex husband saying "don't believe a word of it". if that's the case, what's the point of even reading it? I just find that annoying

Edited!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2015, 02:00 PM

Re: autobiography

Well I find it 'annoying'
No not really - why believe him anyway - I wont be reading it so it doesn't matter to me ........
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2015, 02:07 PM

I like reading Autobiographys , last one being Colleen Nolan , apparently after she had wrote hers about the up and downs of her married life, Shane Ritchie wrote one ,Ive not read it but i bet it gives a different angle to their marriage ..
Theres Two sides to everything ..

Not sure who Michelle Mone is ,i shall have to look on google .
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2015, 03:01 PM

I also like reading biographies. I'm expecting one today, a biography on the American lyricist Richard Rodgers.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2015, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
I like reading Autobiographys , last one being Colleen Nolan , apparently after she had wrote hers about the up and downs of her married life, Shane Ritchie wrote one ,Ive not read it but i bet it gives a different angle to their marriage ..
Theres Two sides to everything .. Not sure who Michelle Mone is ,i shall have to look on google .
Yes, definitely there are two sides to everything. It's just the fact that one minute they're saying it's frank and honest, then the next minute someone else is saying not to believe it. May as well read Grimms Fairytales

I will read it though because I'm interested in what she has to say. It's out tomorrow.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2015, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
I also like reading biographies. I'm expecting one today, a biography on the American lyricist Richard Rodgers.
I imagine that's far more interesting than Michelle Mone's book..
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2015, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
Same here - and usually 40s to 60s era for me
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

04-03-2015, 04:38 PM

She did a good job promoting her book this morning. Even I was taken in

I don't suppose you can believe the half of what you read. As long as you enjoy it
2wheeler
Lincolnshire
2wheeler is male  2wheeler has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2015, 05:15 PM

They tend to be interesting in the early days, then get progressively more boring and predictable as the author gets wealthier and starts mixing with the rich and famous.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2015, 06:16 PM

I cant read books. Not interested in them no matter who writes them.
Don't know half of the people who write books nowadays. Who is this
woman???. By the sound of it the surname should read moan.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top