Join for free
Page 5 of 28 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2016, 10:01 AM

Re: Spam attack

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
What is wrong with you
Nowt wrong with alerting a mod who is offline on what to expect
Be quiet Malcolm, unless you have something of interest to say, instead of the same drivel
Always full of your own importance aren't you ? what would this forum do for laughs without you ?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2016, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by malcolm;875336[/B
]Always full of your own importance aren't you ? [/B]what would this forum do for laughs without you ?
What a goose
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2016, 10:08 AM

Malcolm, I don't understand why you pick on Patsy for reporting a spam attack. Surely she did the right thing. I was going to do it myself but couldn't see a 'report' button.

It was also reported by two other members but you don't say anything to them.

The spammer was/is a common enemy - we shouldn't fight between ourselves.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2016, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Malcolm, I don't understand why you pick on Patsy for reporting a spam attack. Surely she did the right thing. I was going to do it myself but couldn't see a 'report' button.

It was also reported by two other members but you don't say anything to them.

The spammer was/is a common enemy - we shouldn't fight between ourselves.
I agree Carol, I don't think the mods will be upset if we bring things like this to their attention, even if they don't need our help! On my last site we had many possible scammers and I know they appreciated members reporting them.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2016, 11:12 AM

Oh dam and blast, I missed it again.
I do like to play with spammers.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2016, 12:19 PM

When you clicked on 'new posts' today between 7am and 8.30 am the first three pages of new posts were outright apparent spam that were as obvious as the nose on your face to the most internet forum illiterate person imaginable.
They stood out like a 'ruby in a black man's ear' !
The last thing that a Mod wanted was to be further troubled by being presented with a bucketful of messages by, albeit well-intentioned, members who should have been smart enough to realise that the forum had been spammed and was continuing to be spammed by some idiot in India, and not exercising their penchant for stating the obvious like schoolkids telling the teacher that her desk was on fire !
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2016, 12:34 PM

It was actually 6.30 when I saw them, by the time 8am came we had pages of threads amounting to at least 70 threads
Don't 'tell' others what to do - advising is different and acceptable
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2016, 12:40 PM

Malcolm

Which would you rather have. Your car has a wheel about to fall off and 20 people tell you, or not be told and the wheel falls off with the resulting problems .

I bet you would rather 20 people told you so you could fix it.

Same with on here, it is better for 20 people to raise the issue with management than not tell them and the post remains causing all sorts of arguements.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

03-04-2016, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Malcolm

Which would you rather have. Your car has a wheel about to fall off and 20 people tell you, or not be told and the wheel falls off with the resulting problems .

Same with on here, it is better for 20 people to raise the issue with management than not tell them and the post remains causing all sorts of arguements.
Yes - and the 'fact' that they were rising rapidly in total
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK

03-04-2016, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Malcolm

What absolute Nonsense !....you are just adding weight to my argument.
If my car wheel was about to fall off do you honestly think I would need to be alerted to the fact....well do you ??

Page 5 of 28 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top