Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2018, 12:21 PM

Not Watching the Wedding?

If, like me you're avoiding the pomp, what are you doing instead?
It's too hot to go out so I'm chilling out in the lounge with the curtains shut, trying to decide whether, "Shine on You Crazy Diamond" or "Time" or "Money" has the best guitar in it...
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2018, 12:24 PM

Re: Not Watching the Wedding?

I'm not watching it either, just relaxing and enjoying the peace and sunshine, i think quite a few must be watching, as the road is very quiet.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2018, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
If, like me you're avoiding the pomp, what are you doing instead?
It's too hot to go out so I'm chilling out in the lounge with the curtains shut, trying to decide whether, "Shine on You Crazy Diamond" or "Time" or "Money" has the best guitar in it...
I've been to the gym and now I'm going out for a pint.
I'm extremely proud to say that I watched absolutely nothing of that wedding.

I didn't know you were a Pink Floyd fan, TessA? Haven't seen you at all in my albums thread?

By the way...they all have tremendous guitar parts
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2018, 12:32 PM

Yes Floydy, I named my late dog Floyd after them.
I do visit your thread but I'm very quiet, you probably don't see me hiding in the corner!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

19-05-2018, 12:35 PM

"Embryo" and "Careful with that Axe Eugene" are two of my favs!
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2018, 12:36 PM

Just had pasta for lunch and now heading out into the garden to fix a fence before I watch some paint drying for a few hours....
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

19-05-2018, 12:38 PM

Yes Barry, watching paint dry is preferable to weddings
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

19-05-2018, 12:43 PM

I bought a cd from some buskers a while ago they're called, "Two Furious Guitars" I don't think they're on Youtube only found them on Soundcloud, worth a listen if you're chillin' out in the sun!
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2018, 01:02 PM

I watched just a bit of it when they were in the Church as I was preparing the dinner at the time, not watching now.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2018, 01:02 PM

I've managed to avoid it all so far, apart from what I've accidentally seen online.

I did have to have the telly on earlier so I could set my Sky box but luckily it wasn't on one of the channels covering the wedding.

So far I've polished off all me paperwork, sorted out the rubbish and recycling, walked the dawg, done some housework and ordered some stuff online.

And very soon I'll be asleep so will miss the bloody football too

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top