Join for free
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2019, 09:45 PM

M&S Rose Champagne Versus Sauvignon Blanc?

I’m not going out tonight. I could’ve done but l’ve decided to stay in. The last time, l went to a New Year’s party, it was wonderful until three days later!
You know, at midnight, you all do Auld Lang Syne, then you have to kiss everyone and then three days later you’ve got the lurgy and you blame one of the ones you’ve HAD to kiss at the party!

Here l am and l feel l need to open a bottle of something to celebrate the New Year. So, do l open the pink champagne or slum it and have Sauvignon Blanc wine ( the champagne is proper stuff, not Cava or Prosecco!)

I’m tempted to go for the champagne but l can’t drink a whole bottle and it will be no good tomorrow!

After this year, when l was told l had breast cancer and l hadn’t at all. Where l fell and cut my knee so badly it needed 14 stitches and the worry of the Chalazion in my eye. I think l will opt for the champagne and celebrate my fortunate life.

I have learned that we must grab every precious moment in our lives as none of us know what is around the corner.

Cheers..hic... Happy New Year to you all! xx
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2019, 11:03 PM

Re: M&S Rose Champagne Versus Sauvignon Blanc?

Ha Ha
I am laughing so much. Is this thread like... Embarrassing mother at a party?

I can’t blame anyone for not posting. It was a bit vomity retch wasn’t it?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2019, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Ha Ha
I am laughing so much. Is this thread like... Embarrassing mother at a party?

I can’t blame anyone for not posting. It was a bit vomity retch wasn’t it?
You sound like you are enjoying yourself Art, that’s what is most important.....

A Happy New Year to you!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

31-12-2019, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
You sound like you are enjoying yourself Art, that’s what is most important.....

A Happy New Year to you!
Thank You! Mags. I’ve had two flutes of champagne, l think l’ll stop right there!

Happy New Year to you and all your family, Mags.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2019, 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Thank You! Mags. I’ve had two flutes of champagne, l think l’ll stop right there!

Happy New Year to you and all your family, Mags.
Thank you Art, a Happy New Year to you and your family too ..... may it be a good one.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2020, 12:35 AM

A very Happy New Year to you Art and Mags and anyone else who happens to be looking in tonight. P.S. I'm on my second Jim Beam of the evening and soon to be on my third as the clock strikes midnight. I just hope the expected fireworks don't wake my three dogs as happened last year.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

01-01-2020, 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
A very Happy New Year to you Art and Mags and anyone else who happens to be looking in tonight. P.S. I'm on my second Jim Beam of the evening and soon to be on my third as the clock strikes midnight. I just hope the expected fireworks don't wake my three dogs as happened last year.

Happy New Year, EZ.

The loud fireworks were going off here earlier but have gone quiet now. I expect they’ll start again at midnight. I hope your dogs will be ok.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2020, 02:27 AM

Happy New Year

Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2020, 05:48 AM

As a professional I would recommend that you drink the champers first then start on the Sauvignon Blanc.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top