Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2020, 01:31 PM

earthquake

I heard on the news earlier that there's been an earthquake in Sussex which touched the english channel...
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2020, 01:48 PM

Re: earthquake

They can be spooky, fun things as we don't get them too serious here in the UK.

The Red Rock Fault and the North Staffs coalfield are responsible for a few where I live. There used to be quite a few years ago, in the 80's and 90's. Not so many now. Don't know why.

I remember one, quite a severe one by normal standards .... the bathroom cabinet mirrors rattled and albeit minor, the ground did actually move and the house creaked.
I looked out of the window , it was dark nighttime, about 2 am, and saw two foxes trotting side by side together along the roads grass verge.
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2020, 01:58 PM

I remember one here a few years ago, I think it must have been the 80's because my daughter was still at home, our bedroom unit shook in the middle of the night,,,it was scary...especially at night
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2020, 02:34 PM

B&#%!@?hell. Measured 3.0 thirty miles from Eastbourne, at a depth of 4.3 miles beneath the surface in the English Channel.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2020, 02:46 PM

The final split from France perhaps?
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2020, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
The final split from France perhaps?
Go for it!

I spent most of my childhood in California, which was likewise geologically determined to break off from the rest of the country.

Now I'm sure that the rest of the country wishes that had happened.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2020, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by paula ->
I heard on the news earlier that there's been an earthquake in Sussex which touched the english channel...
It appears to have been a false alarm according to this report....

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a9668131.html
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2020, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by paula ->
Small quakes (tremors) occur fairly frequently all over the earth and Sussex is not an exception. Very occasionally if all is quiet, a tremor can just about be felt and is nothing to be alarmed about. When the light fittings start to rattle, that is the time to become concerned
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2020, 05:44 PM

What with this Virus, then soaring temperatures, then floods, landslides, water running out, eathquakes, my goodness .
Do you think 'our creator' is displeased with this planet and us humans?

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2020, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Go for it!

I spent most of my childhood in California, which was likewise geologically determined to break off from the rest of the country.

Now I'm sure that the rest of the country wishes that had happened.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top