Join for free
Page 5 of 9 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2018, 10:49 AM

Re: M&S closing and will you miss it ?

Originally Posted by summer ->
So we all stay in our little houses glued to our screens? No thankyou I prefer to get out and about. M&S is like a British institution I would be so sad to lose mine.

It's the start of a slippery slope you will all miss our shops when there are none to visit and you are lonesome at home. Jus you and your puter
Good post Summer........Trust a Yorkshire Lass to come out with some sense... No wonder half of Britain is Obese....

Yes Rehab, retail parks are good, they reflect the modern way to shop after town centres - which were designed for shoppers on foot or horseback or something, but not the motor car - You can find John Lewis and M&S in many of these retail parks, and good luck to them. Are you forgetting the old adage Rehab......'Bought as seen' (in the flesh and tried on) not some touched up photo in a magazine or on a computer screen...."It looked so nice in the picture!".....Bla......
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2018, 10:54 AM

I gave up on M&S two years ago when having travelled to Lisburn to buy an outfit for a wedding and having spent 4 hours in there, I had to order it all online as they no longer carry all sizes

I've even stopped buying my bras from there, Asda do lovely ones at half the cost and I can put them in the trolley same time as I'm doing a shop, no need for a special trip

The only thing I would make a special trip to M&S for now is swimwear. They are the only place that do a range for short people at a reasonable price. I refuse to pay £100 + for something I'm going to wear just a few days each year
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2018, 02:00 PM

Our nearest M&S store is at Handforth, about five miles away which is why we don't go regularly. They do, however, do good quality products and their food is excellent.

Fortunately, the store is in a 'posh' area, so is less likely to close down... hopefully.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2018, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I miss C&A too but not M&S.

There's a C & A in Gibraltar - or there was when I went a few years ago.
Not anymore carol, I was in Gib last year.

I wonder how many Guys on here were the Man from C&A?
Never heard of a Man from M&S.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2018, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Not anymore carol, I was in Gib last year.

I wonder how many Guys on here were the Man from C&A?
Never heard of a Man from M&S.
When ah wer a lad there was a lot of talk about what C and A stood for.
It was suggested that the letters were from labels indicating which way round their knickers should be worn.

I shall say no more.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2018, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
When ah wer a lad there was a lot of talk about what C and A stood for.
It was suggested that the letters were from labels indicating which way round their knickers should be worn.

I shall say no more.
Mmm, I am afraid to admit it, but I do know what you mean.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

27-05-2018, 03:01 PM

Mmm, I am afraid to admit it, but I do know what you mean.
Well, perhaps you can enlighten me, as I haven't the faintest idea!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

27-05-2018, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Well, perhaps you can enlighten me, as I haven't the faintest idea!
You little fibber.

JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

27-05-2018, 03:15 PM

You little fibber.

Heeheehee!
Lila
London UK
Lila is female  Lila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2018, 03:27 PM

Yes, I'll miss it, though there isn't one near me and recently I've only bought from them online.

Page 5 of 9 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top