Join for free
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2015, 02:57 PM

Walking Bicycle Club

Cast your mind back to the once popular stepping machine, ideal if you live in a bungalow....
A Japanese engineer has designed a tricycle ridden standing up, with normal handlebars, and propelled by two plates on which one puts each foot and then step up and down, thus propelling at a reasonable speed up to 24kph. Up a gradient, the battery motor gives assistance. In a range of colours, but about £2k - for the affluent methinks.
2wheeler
Lincolnshire
2wheeler is male  2wheeler has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2015, 03:58 PM

Re: Walking Bicycle Club

What´s the advantage over a conventional (and cheaper) bike? Still gives a good work-out if used regularly, and one fewer wheels...
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2015, 05:03 PM

I wonder why it cost so much ,I can see the advantage of it being a three wheeler ,more stable for the nervous cyclist ,,I wont be rushing out to buy one though
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2015, 05:48 PM

Really a stable powered walking frame for those who may have difficulty walking, either through age or accidents. Or those who like speeding!

Here is more http://www.spoon-tamago.com/2014/05/...e-way-we-ride/

Watch the video....

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top